Eric Fanning Confirmed by Senate as First Openly Gay Military Secretary

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by Winston Smith, May 17, 2016.

1. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Being former military myself, I obviously find this historic. Of course, it'll be a short run (even if Secretary Clinton is elected, she, like most newly elected officials, will start putting her forth her own choices and nominees). The fact that the confirmation happened under a Black president with a Republican run Senate makes it even more amazing. I got out right before the end of DADT, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall in many offices and barracks. With a gay Army Secretary, the homophobes will have to hold their tongues publicly or suffer consequences. NOW who's going to be in the closet? Ha!!

First Openly Gay Army Secretary Confirmed

mojoreece, ColumbusGuy and OhSheit dapped this.
  2. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    It seems like there are a lot of ex-military guys on here.