Evangelicals Adopt Embryos

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Sean, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I know we're mourning the loss of Prince right now, but I wanted to post another article I came across reading the WaPo today. A white evangelical couple felt God's calling to adopt kids. Cool. They adopted black kids. Cool. I don't have a problem with that. Interracial or not, kids should be adopted into homes where they will be loved, cared and provided for. But then the couple tried to conceive their own and couldn't.

Stop right there. God called them to adopt, they tried to conceive on their own, but couldn't. So what do these people do?

They adopt embryos. Ok....cool. But, not so much.

This lady gave birth to black kids. They justified by saying God called them to adopt and beiing pro-life, they got smart and adopted embryos. They wanted their kids to have siblings that looked like them, so they got black ones.

Damned the psychological harm that's done to these adopted embryo kids. ("We were adopted as embryos. Our mom biological mom was harvesting us for money and our dad is a random sperm donor.") They will become adults and question where they came from and have no clue. God, help them have the perfect life, because if it weren't, I'd be a pissed off kid knowing my parents aren't mine and that they concocted me to satisfy their selfish desires, and we ended up poor, or in a broken home. And forget the fact that, despite the good deed, interracial families get grief in this society. Why put more kids through it? And why use God to do something that you had to write an opinion in the Washington Post to attempt to get people to see what you did was a good thing?

I'm on a rant. Read the article, and you get my drift.

My wife and I are white evangelicals. Here’s why we chose to give birth to black triplets.

2. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    I'd be interested in an 18 years from now follow up story on this family.
    I'm curious as to how they will explain it all to the kids and how it does or doesn't affect them.