Faisal Saeed al Mutar "Islamophobia-phobia"

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Lancer, May 13, 2017.

1. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
  2. Lancer

Daps Received:
    What is the difference between genuine criticism of Islam and bigotry?

#2 Lancer, May 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 13, 2017
  3. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I think you can actually be as critical of any religion as you want without necessarily being bigoted. Some criticism is based completely on logic and factual evidence as well. Religion is a concept. You just can't apply what you think of the religion(or any religion itself or the idea of religion) and apply that to any particular practioner of that religion. Every single person needs to be taken as an individual first. There is great variability within religions and the practioners/believers of said religions as well...look here in the US with the difference between gay liberal Methodists and conservative Baptists.

I think Jesus was probably just some mentally ill guy who had 'visions' and shit and Mohammed apparently was a really fucked up guy as well. If people do not like that, too bad. I won't tolerate bullshit and bigotry based on some religion that allows basic human rights to be violated. Theocracy is a shitty form of government also. Religious people do not have to like my views, and I don't have to like theirs, but I am not going to try and stop them from doing anything they want as long as it is within the law and is not violating my rights. I wish they would give me the same courtesy.

*and no, I did not listen to that...tl;dl (too long, did not listen).

Winston Smith and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  4. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    The claims of "islamophobia" or "racism" are simply a way for Muslims to shut down any criticism of Islam. So-called liberals and progressives in the western world are quick to through around those same accusations. These same left leaning people will make the exact same criticism of Christianity. It's a glaring double standard.

Winston Smith and Lancer dapped this.
  5. Lancer

Daps Received:

[​IMG]