[Fill In The Blank]...While Black

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Sean P, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Sean P

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    This is a long read and exceeds the site's limits for a post so here's a link if you want to check out the article at your leisure: Walking While Black

Seattle is one of the few cities that routinely enforces jaywalking laws. The pace has slowed in recent years. However, during the 80s, 90s and early 2000s, the cops often used jaywalking as a pretext to stop Black folks hoping to find a major offense.

I remember jaywalking with a group of friends, 3 black and 4 white, during a pub crawl. The cops stopped me and the 2 other black guys while the white guys continued on their merry way until they realized what was happening. The 3 of us were cited, but no other shenanigans ensued. However, since I worked for the City Attorney at the time, I was feeling myself and spent the next 30 minutes following the cops around highlighting the jaywalking white folks. It was dark outside and the cops seemed to be having trouble seeing white skin.

ControlledXaos and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.