Finn and Poe Romance?

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by OckyDub, Dec 22, 2015.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Finn and Poe?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

As picked up by outlets including Fusion and Buzzfeed, social media platforms such as Tumblr have popularized the idea that Finn and Poe — call them “Pinn” or “Foe” — could be “more than friends,” even if that’s not what’s presented in the film. In the movie, the two save each other’s lives, Poe rechristens the deserting Stormtrooper known as FN-2187 as “Finn,” Poe lets Finn keep his jacket because “it suits [him],” and they share a meaningful moment before heading off into battle, as seen above.

Those are all, as depicted in the movie, moments of friendship — though plenty of movie romances have been built on less — but it’s enough evidence to have inspired plenty of fan art, gifs, photosets and unsurprisingly NSFW fan fiction.

In a “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” interview aired the day before the film’s release, DeGeneres asked Boyega, Isaac and Daisy Ridley (Rey) about potential romances involving their characters — all were typically vague and jokey, though Isaac’s answer and an interjection from Boyega gave further fodder to those who want to believe.

“I think it’s a very subtle relationship that’s happening,” Isaac said. “You have to watch it a few times to see the little hints, but there was. At least I was playing romance.” Boyega starts to interject to agree, and Isaac clarifies, “I won’t say with which character.”

Directed by J.J. Abrams, “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” is in theaters now, but fans will have to wait another year and a half before Finn, Poe and Rey return in Episode VIII (written and directed by Rian Johnson), scheduled for release on May 26, 2017.

#1 OckyDub, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  2. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    They will say...

"How dare homosexuality be FORCED upon us. There is no place for sexuality or romance in Star Wars. Say what? You mean there was romance with Han Solo and Leia AND Anikan and Padamay. Hmmm...CORRECTION; Star Wars shouldn't have a "gay" romance because it makes me uncomfortable."

If this ever happened in the 2017 movie; many straight people (of all races) will be mad. Black women will be mad and Black gay men will be mad because the romance would be interracial. sigh...I'm tired.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  3. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    Then my faux outrage shall go to the Dad and Lad factor!

Cyrus-Brooks and OckyDub dapped this.
  4. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    LOL Right and let's not forget the famous go to line for outrage...
    [​IMG]

Infinite_loop, alton and Tyroc dapped this.
  5. bpaisle

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I wouldn't mind it honestly...

keith dapped this.
  6. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    LMAO

7. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Since Star Wars is primarily aimed at kids I doubt they'll have the balls to show a homosexual relationship. Also close male friendships can often seem questionable to outsiders in our very homophobic culture but there was a time close male friendships were the norm and weren't always viewed as homosexual. This strikes me as more heroic comradery. Anyone who's played team sports, or served in the armed forces has experienced this. It's a close bond men develop when fighting together on the same side. It's not necessarily sexual. Though it can appear to be homoerotic at times.

#7 Cyrus-Brooks, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
    DreG, Infinite_loop and Tyroc dapped this.
  8. Discordant

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I actually remember watching the movie and saying to myself "I wish Poe and Finn would just kiss already." The chemistry between the two actors didn't come across as just camaraderie (I grew up in Italy so I have a higher "THAT'S GHEY!" threshold than a lot of Americans.) I actually think the writers set it up so that Finn could end up with either one. Both story lines could be plausible as close, fire-forged friends or fire-forged lovers. I'm down with either because all the characters were pretty cool.