Former Homophobe Jerrod Carmichael Speaks on Family Reaction to His Coming Out

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by Nick Delmacy, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking

I've voiced my apathy for comedian Jerrod Carmichael in the past given his displays of homophobia in his stand up act. As with many other publicly vocal homophobes, turns out he was gay the whole time.

200.gif

After officially "Coming Out" in his newest HBO comedy show, I've seen responses ranging from "Who the hell is he?" to "He looks gay, how is this news?"

Apparently those weren't the responses he got from his family. Here he is discussing Coming Out to his family, particularly his mother:

“It was almost very nice, until, you know, my mom said, ‘I just … these sins are tearing the family apart.’ And it just speaks to kind of the core of the problem, that there’s this insurmountable mountain that we can’t really get over.”

DemiFiend and Winston Smith dapped this.
  2. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Wasn’t familiar with homophobic statements from him but I remembered his short lived NBC sitcom. His SNL open was ok. I think his talents are best in the writing and producing, he’s not a standout as a standup.

Nick Delmacy dapped this.