From BH Parking Lots to LA Fitness (Public Sex)

Discussion in 'Sex and Adult' started by Naturally10Me, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Naturally10Me

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    hqdefault.jpg

One thing that I have noticed since I have been in ATL, is that public sex is real. I went to a place locally to pick up some lube and when I rolled up in the parking lot, dudes was going at it. Shortly after, I headed to the gym and when I went to the locker room to drop of my bag off, dudes were going at it. It's known to all that Piedmont Park is a cruze spot. So my question is, what's up with all the public sex in the gay lifestyle? Now while I know that it's not exclusive to ATL, I am only talking from my experiences. If the bathhouse is for those type of things why not go in? Why risk jail time at the park? What's good @OckyDub? Can you help us out on this one. Not saying that it's wrong. But is this the spontaneity I am looking for...lol?

#1 Naturally10Me, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    jpo dapped this.
  2. jpo

jpo
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Interesting question - and no it is not just and ATL phenomenon. Central Park had the Ramble, DC has P Street Beach, and I am sure other cities had similar sites. For as long as I can remember, which is a long time, public sex has been part of the scene. I've often thought that it was tied in to the danger inherent in being gay. In a sense it was a way to raise the excitement level, heighten the danger while at the same time keeping it all anonymous and no strings, especially in the days before social media, before a lot of places had gay bars or bathhouses. So I wonder if it is not some sort of learned behavior, passed from generation to generation. But what do I know?

3. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I haven't come across it yet but it would be difficult for me to run across someone having sex when going to get lube when I order that via Amazon but I digress.

I have been to several LA Fitness branches due to me having to traverse the city for work and errands and haven't come across it yet but I have seen interesting looks and locker room lurkers.

Today it's not like meeting at the park is required to have sex since we have apps and there's plenty of places to meet up that facilitate sex between parties, bathhouses and "private all male clubs".

I'm sure part of it is the randomness, thrill of getting caught, and exhibitionism. But it does seem unnecessary with the way things are now.

4. jpo

jpo

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    ControlledXaos - I think that's the point - it is not necessary. I don't disagree with you, I think you have hit the essence of the question. Because it is not necessary now, well that may be the attraction. Today it is all too easy with apps and social media and in a sense it has taken the adventure out of the hunt and chase.

5. Naturally10Me

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Definitely see your point @ControlledXaos. I also can see public sex its's definitely a thrill for thrill seeker. But with the evolution of time, I can see how apps have changed the game. Only thing is the more I use apps like Jack'd or online stuff, it becomes even more of a turn off. So organic connections seem to turn me on even more. A little more thrill though would be amazing...lol

Cyrus-Brooks and jpo dapped this.
  6. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    Strictly speaking from my own experiences and having grown up in the time I did.
    Public sex in NY was not at all exclusively a gay lifestyle thing.

I've had plenty of sex, pretty much everywhere one could in the 4 Boro's that count with members of both sexes.
    Times and camera's have changed all that and it's not like it used to be.

7. bisonboy

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I have tried it a couple of times in my younger 20s and it was fun. I can't say now that I would be gung ho about the experience, at least not in my city because the cops are OUT!

8. bpaisle

Daps Received:
    I'd say the main allure of public sex is definitely the thrill. I don't think its necessarily exclusive to the homosexual community. Public sex is pretty big in the heterosexual community as well. I saw a lot of random public sex when I was in college, all from straight people. That could say more about college students than anything else though.

Cyrus-Brooks and Tyroc dapped this.
  9. coldpop123

coldpop123 Lurker

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I think it's just the adrenaline that rushes though you body when, in your mind, you know you are doing that that is taboo. I'm not a big fan of public sex but I can't say that it wouldn't be arousing to do it.

10. keith

keith Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Public sex I never really understood but when I consider the idea of doing something adventurous with someone who's got my back, perhaps....Just for the cheap thrill -nah - to each his own but I'll pass.

11. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I would love to have it. I've had sex in public bathrooms and in a car out in public, but that was because I was in my young THOT phase...lol However, as a certified grown man, it would have to be planned and something done in the wild in nature just being freaky, free and under the circumstances of that special one.

12. JasonAKMitchell

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    When I was in college me and my then BF had sex everywhere.

From the library, to the bathrooms, to the music practice rooms, cars, to even an elevator or two.

Cyrus-Brooks, Sean and Dante dapped this.
  13. Kouncelor

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    For men loving men, public sex was, historically, more than about a thrill. There was no place to meet up with a guy. If you lived with family or had a roommate, you could not bring him home. If you lived with a woman, you definately couldn't. Even if you lived alone the neighbors saw everything...so for a man to meet a man..it was the parks, cars, museum or marketplce restrooms, xxx moviehouses, and et. cetera.

We forget that thes apps were not always around...neither was the web.

#13 Kouncelor, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  14. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Maybe they love nature or are too thrifty to pay for the bathhouse when there's a perfectly good dark corner.

It's probably the thrill. I hear that cops are somewhat lenient on cracking down on guys in certain public cruising areas, at least late at night when kids won't be around. And I've read that there are popular places in Europe that are known for public sex where you basically don't have to worry about getting in trouble. I guess they have better things to do than arrest some guys trying to bust a nut.

15. Cmolove

Cmolove Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Open relationship
    Public sex satisfies fantasies of sex with strangers, a steady stream of variety, and virtually no need to converse or perform small talk. Oh, and no obligation to hang around afterward. The possibility of getting caught just adds to that. No one goes to the trails looking for a boyfriend. You came to fuck or get fucked...period.

jpo dapped this.
  16. Michael

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Derek Zulanders Center For Kids Who Cant Read Good
    I must be completely oblivious. In five years I haven't seen one public session lol

17. jpo

jpo

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Absolutely, risk has always been part of our culture. Once upon a time the risk of getting caught involved a lot more serious consequences, but the risk remains today. Risk is the salt on the rim of the gay cocktail glass.