Gay hookup in DeKalb County GA turns deadly after kidnapping

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by OckyDub, Jul 5, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]
    A trick turned deadly early Sunday in a DeKalb County gas station after a man kidnapped and robbed another man he met for sex, but then the victim shot and killed his apparent assailant in self-defense.

The incident took place about 12:30 a.m. on Sunday in the parking lot of a Shell convenience store on Snapfinger Woods Drive, just off Interstate 20 near Panola Road, according to WSB.

The men were meeting there for sex, but the hook up turned violent. When the man got into the victim's car, he brandished a gun. Via WSB:

Police say the driver met another man nearby to engage in a sex act, but then had a gun pulled on him. The passenger then forced the driver to go to several ATM’s to withdraw cash, according to detectives.

When the men returned to the gas station, the victim was able to pull out his own handgun, according to 11Alive.

At some point during the encounter, police said the [alleged robber] drew a gun and forced the [victim] to withdraw money from a near-by ATM. When they returned to the Shell Food Mart parking lot, police said the [victim] got his own gun from his car and shot and killed the [alleged robber].

The man shot his alleged robber once and killed him, according to WSB.

A woman at the gas station gave the victim her phone so he could call police, 11Alive reported.

Police said the shooter then called police and explained to officers what happened. Detectives said the shooter is cooperating with the investigation and no charges have been filed against him at this time.

The incident remains under investigation. DeKalb police have not released the name of the victim or the alleged robber who was killed, according to Fox 5.

Last summer, Atlanta police arrested a man suspected of targeting gay men through the cruising app Jack'd and then robbing them. In September, a man pleaded guilty in DeKalb to avoid a possible death sentence for helping to lure a gay man from Midtown to torture and murder him.

mojoreece dapped this.
  2. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Real talk, thank you for sharing. I think it's important to remind us how dangerous it is to hookup with complete strangers. Ive been guilty of it and take for granted the fact that my safety has never been compromised. In this case, even meeting in very public place wasn't enough to prevent an unfortunate incident. This all took place in an area that is pretty busy too, so even that wasn't a deterrent for someone who was dead set on being delinquent.

Good thing dude had a gun of his own, but this story isn't quite coming together for me. The whole self defense story is a bit off. The way the story reads, the robber gets in the car, demands that the driver take him to several ATMs. Who does that these days? Everyone knows there's a daily limit to ATM withdrawals. Going to another ATM doesn't mean u get more money. And it also seems like the driver was about to drop his robber back off at the shell station. So you drive your robber around then drop him back off at the spot you met him?

Something isn't right and I watch too much Forensic Files amd Law and Order SVU.

Infinite_loop and Winston Smith dapped this.
  3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I'm waiting for @RolandG to give us details about what went down that night. Glad he's safe though.

:steviej:

4. RolandG

Bae Material Squad Leader The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    A gas station is so beneath me. I prefer to meet my random hookups behind the Dollar General.

Infinite_loop and OckyDub dapped this.