Gay Siblings and Extended Family

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by acessential, Dec 9, 2015.

1. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    The Father Figures thread got me thinking a lot about the whole Nature vs Nurture debate. I remember I thought it was interesting when African King said he had an identical twin brother who was also gay, but I completely forgot that I also have an older half brother who is also gay, but gender non-conforming, borderline trans. We didn't grow up together. Looking at my extended family, I've definitely noticed some gay and lesbian cousins on both sides. There might be something in our gene pool.

Do you have any LGBT siblings or extended family?

2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    AFAIK, no.

I have one cousin who's son I think could be masculine gay but I have not seen him in a few years. And it's purely circumstantial.... In shape, military, no kids, late 30s, no girlfriend or baby mama. Other than that all of my male cousins have kids so unless they are bi, I have no idea. None of them read "Gay" to me.

I so have a few female cousins who I think could be gay but none of them have said anything to me and my family knows about me so...on record, I'm the only gay male out of my immediate and extended family which IMO is statistically improbable. Somebody in this tree other than me is doing or has done some SGL sexing.

Infinite_loop, grownman and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  3. Daniel Hanson

Daniel Hanson Sapiosexual

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    My cousin (2 years older) is definitely gay! I just know it lool ... I suspect my uncle (about 32 years) is too.

4. Discordant

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Two out of three of my mom's sisters are lesbians, her favorite cousin was gay, my sister is bisexual. On my dad's side, I have suspicions one of my cousins is gay but haven't spoken to him since we were 10 so I have no proof.

5. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I don't have any immediate gay/bi/SGL family members and I think I have a couple lesbian cousins. However, when I was a LTjg in the Coast Guard, my battle buddy was part of a family where 4 of 6 of his siblings were also gay and lesbian. I was shocked that so many homos could be in one immediate family.

At first, I thought it was just a Puerto Rican thing because latino men display masculinity in weird ways but then he told me that both his brothers were gay along with him and his sister was a lesbian.

6. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Who doesn't?

My first cousin on my mother side is gay. It's sad everyone was on me about being gay before they did him, especially with his LARGE Barbie collection. There are a few other members of my family that are either gay or bisexual, but who knows. At the very least, they is definitely a bisexual family member or two who has only dealt with the opposite gender and never the same gender.

grownman dapped this.
  7. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Ok so I need some advice from you guys lol, like @Discordant I also have a cousin that I suspect might be gay and we've haven't really bonded much growing up but have grown alot closer over the past 2 years. I really want to talk to him about it, because I believe that it could bring us even closer but I don't know how to go about it exactly. What if he's not gay and I just reveal things too soon..??

Discordant dapped this.
  8. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    Don't hate on Barbie collectors. Those collectable dolls can be worth a lot of money. Lol

cypher21 and Dante dapped this.
  9. Dr. Strange

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    most of my cousins are girls and lesbians.....enough said.

#9 Dr. Strange, Dec 9, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    acessential dapped this.
  10. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I have a younger cousin who I've been pretty sure about since he was little.I have some 2nd and 3rd cousins who I know about too.

cypher21 dapped this.
  11. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I have a sister who is very much heterosexual. I have two cousins that I know of that are gay and one I suspect is gay, I'll get to him later. My two cousins one is around my mom's age, they grew up together. I've never met him I do know that he has chosen to cease all contact with the family. I can understand why since many people in my family's are very judgemental when it comes to homosexuality. The cousin who is about my age (I met him once at a family reunion) he also stays away from most of the family. The cousin I suspect is gay slightly older than me. I think he's gay because he's painfully shy, never had a girlfriend as far as I know, never been married, and has no kids. He's now in his 50s and he still lives alone. He also keeps his distance from everyone.

#11 Cyrus-Brooks, Dec 9, 2015
  12. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    A older female cousin.

13. Michael

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Derek Zulanders Center For Kids Who Cant Read Good
    I had a great uncle that was gay, but I wasn't old enough to remember him. The rest are closeted if they are. Or, excuse me... DISCREET.

14. grownman

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Wow...

15. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    It's is what is. I also fit the mold with my other gay cousins I avoid family functions and keep my distance from most of my extended family with a few exceptions.

grownman and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  16. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    I feel Y'all.

I stopped attending my cousins' weddings out of silent protest. I was "feeling some kind of way" that if I were getting married to a dude, none of my folks would be making such big plans to attend mine. My family will fly, get a hotel, rent cars, and get gifts for a marriage. I just couldn't sit and witness any more weddings when I felt like the people I was sitting with wouldn't do the same for me.

Now I couldn't possibly care any less if they attended a function of mine or not.

It's it is tiring when people who haven't seen you in years start asking you about kids and relationships when you are not at the point you want to tell people your business or if you have inner circle and outer circle family members and you only want select people to know what's up.

Since I told people via Facebook and my being gay was spread from online to offline family, my policy is if you don't fučk with me, cool. No skin off my neck. If you still good with me, I'm good with you. I don't need people who are not on team Xaos skinning and grinning in my face, blood or not.

My coming out was for ME and was a soft invite to family members who may be gay to contact me. So far none yet but if that's what makes me unique to my family, then I'm OK with it.

17. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I've got a lesbian cousin. There's a male cousin who seems like a nonconformist fairly fem gay but hasn't openly come out. Family members occasionally comment on how he's a bit "different". I don't think there's any malice (at least not widespread or outward), just curiosity and intrigue regarding his somewhat unique mannerisms and behavior. Like some other posters, he seems somewhat distant from much of the family and declared his desire to move away from the area where many of them reside, but that may relate more to his professional ambitions rather than familial conflict.

There's a late uncle who I believe was involved in the Catholic church in a capacity that would have prohibited him from dating. He always seemed a bit odd and different and, once he left the church, had a long-term male housemate/best friend that he would sometimes casually mention. My younger, naive self didn't consider that he might not be straight until he was arrested for illicit activities involving teenage boys.

#17 Jaa, Dec 9, 2015
  18. grownman

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I am in amazement only because I do the same thing. Sometimes, you think you are alone. It's good to be around people who understand. My sister gets upset with me because I dont go. But I try to explain to her.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  19. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    The "Gay Gene" definitely comes from my mother's side of the family. The homosexual family members on her side is too long to list here. On my pop's side...none but me...seriously...None. If they exist they are VERY deep in the closet, so much so that even they are even undetectable on my gaydar. So I def believe the shit is genetic. Ironically, I am closer to my Dad's side of the family and not at all close to my mom's side.

20. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I dont have a very big family, immediate or extended. From my observations I think I'm the only one.

21. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Mine comes from my dad's side. His pops was bi.

Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  22. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    One of my cousins is gay, one of my extended cousins is a lesbian (she had it BAD from that side of the family). That's it that I know of.

23. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3

Daps Received:
    I got a 22/3 yr old gay cuz who at 5 or 6 told my mom that he knew what gay meant n that he liked boys. But we obvs have 2 diff stories

#23 SB3, Dec 11, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2015
  24. tigerbreaux

tigerbreaux Polymath In-training
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I have one trans first cousin on my mother's side, and that's the only LGBT family member I know of on either side of my big families, and I know both sides of my family really well. While I definitely believe aspects of sexuality and sexual identity are genetic, I think upbringing plays a large part in it as well.

I'm actually envious of people with other LGBT family members, specifically gay ones. I've always been an outsider in my family for many reasons, I was a music geek, I was really smart, and I was gay.
    I don't feel like I can relate to my trans cousin, because she's not gay, she identifies as a woman, so it's not the same. I almost had a heart attack when I saw her in the club the first time. We don't even talk about me being gay, but I'm sure she's seen me in the club (once I stopped actively avoiding her lol), but we never speak to each other in there.

25. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Explain the bolded part lol

26. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    My mom mentioned an uncle of her's back in Nigeria that lives in the capital city of Abuja. He is a well-known physician that is in his mid-40s and he is still not married. People in the family have questioned him but from what I know, he just minds his business.

Other than that, I don't know of any other gays in my family aside from my twin brother of course. Thank God we are going through it together.

ControlledXaos and acessential dapped this.
  27. BlackExcellence

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I definitely believe in the gay gene. I have about 8 cousins on both sides male and female who are gay or bi

28. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    It has been my experience, with Latino men, particularly Puerto Ricans and Cubans that there are often blurred lines when it comes to sexuality that couple with extreme instances of machismo that makes it hard place traditional sexuality labels on certain Latino men. For example, I personally know of several cuban and puerto rican men who are self-identified as straight and regularly have relationships with women but judging their appearance and mannerism you could be led to a different conclusion. On the other hand, I know of some latino men who identify as straight but have regularly relationships with men too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ay-in-latino-culture_55e5ec03e4b0b7a9633a6de3

ControlledXaos dapped this.