Gay Trump Supporter calls Cops on Black Lyft Driver

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by OckyDub, Oct 10, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    :ravetho::birdman2: Oh look...a gay dude doing the most.

[​IMG]

In a now-viral recorded confrontation, a gay Trump supporter called the police on a black Lyft driver for not allowing him to play his music during the ride.

Instinct Magazine reported that Robert Ortiz and some friends were picked up by Shaun Pepas Lettman after leaving a gay bar in New York. Ortiz asked Lettman if he could play some music over the car’s stereo system and when the driver said no, the passenger began an argument with him.

Lettman began recording after pulling over due to the argument with Ortiz — and captured the passenger not only calling the police on him, but also calling him a racial slur.

At one point during the 16-minute-long video, Ortiz called Lyft and told a representative that “your driver is racist against gay people” and later said he “called the police to protect myself because I know my legal rights as an American citizen that voted for Trump.”

After hanging up the representative, the passenger called his friend — and used a racial slur twice to refer to Lettman.

“Yo, Boo, tell me why I’m in a Lyft and the n***a f**king pulled over,” Ortiz said. “The n***a’s recording me without my consent, because I asked for music.”

Though the gay New Yorker’s complaint was about not being allowed to turn on his music, he suggested to the police that he was afraid Lettman would do something that “threatens my life.”

After posting the video of the lengthy altercation to YouTube, Lettman revealed in a GoFundMe page that Lyft suspended his driver account for two days to investigate the incident — causing him to lose two days’ worth of wages.

“After the end of the video, I had to also call the police for myself expressing my concerns and fear of what will happen if I was not assisted,” the driver wrote. “Luckily there was no physical confrontation but the company I drive with felt it necessary to cancel my account pending investigation. Unfortunately, expenses weren’t suspended and I am left to dig myself out of an awfully stressful predicament.”

The “Insulted but Not Broken” fundraiser earned Lettman over $21,000 at press time, and Instinct revealed that Ortiz had been fired from his job at a CityMD urgent care center.

Juan-Carlos dapped this.
  2. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I only heard about this. Haven't watched the video but here's some points...

1. Lyft has a critical call number for drivers. He should have contacted them himself first. Rideshare companies will give a driver the benefit of the doubt usually if they contact first. When they say 'investigate ' they just suspend you from going offline for a day or two but it's really just a your words v theirs. This is why drivers need to contact the company first.

2. He was right to record it. That's why I have a dash cam for such shenanigans.

3. If he was depending on two days worth of driving he was spending his money wrong. We can cash out daily but I drive only quarter time lol if you are full time you HAVE to have back up money and also sign up for Uber, post mates, Doordash, Amazon, and Roadie. Can't be a full time driver with no other options for issues like this.

I-Stay-Woke and Winston Smith dapped this.
  3. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Chile. These folks crazy. I've used Lyft before and it's super easy and accommodating to be taken somewhere but I have such high respect for drivers that I'm like super nice. Unless you are really mean or rude, I always give five stars, and leave a detailed comment about how I was treated and tell Lyft thanks for the driver they found for me.

I never eat in their cars and since I have a varied music tastes, I'll listen to whatever they are playing...and I always call before they arrive and let them know what I'm wearing and all that.

I am completely baffled at how rude people are these days. Totally unattractive personalities...jeeze. the type of men that are just cringe worthy.

But I hear New York is a rude place in general but that's all talk. I'm from the South and all Southern Hospitality ain't cute..

4. @yahoo.com

@yahoo.com When the lights get low, I Burn Brighter.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I swear by these words: Hell Hath No Fury like a Slightly Inconvenienced Gay Man. Geesh. Extra Times 10!

OckyDub dapped this.
  5. Juan-Carlos

Juan-Carlos Opps are dealt with by a savage Thanos snap. HNY
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    [QUOTE="OckyDub, post: 52382, member: 2"I]:ravetho::birdman2: Oh look...a gay dude doing the most.

What an embarrassment!? @OckyDub I also agree the worst kind of gay doing the mf most. That is what you call faggotry in full form. "Racist against gay people?" The antagonist got what he deserved....shamed, fired, and embarrassed. The protagonist got an extra "blessing" out of it thought the money doesn't make his experience less , forgotten or permissible.
    [​IMG]

In a now-viral recorded confrontation, a gay Trump supporter called the police on a black Lyft driver for not allowing him to play his music during the ride.

Instinct Magazine reported that Robert Ortiz and some friends were picked up by Shaun Pepas Lettman after leaving a gay bar in New York. Ortiz asked Lettman if he could play some music over the car’s stereo system and when the driver said no, the passenger began an argument with him.

Lettman began recording after pulling over due to the argument with Ortiz — and captured the passenger not only calling the police on him, but also calling him a racial slur.

At one point during the 16-minute-long video, Ortiz called Lyft and told a representative that “your driver is racist against gay people” and later said he “called the police to protect myself because I know my legal rights as an American citizen that voted for Trump.”

After hanging up the representative, the passenger called his friend — and used a racial slur twice to refer to Lettman.

“Yo, Boo, tell me why I’m in a Lyft and the n***a f**king pulled over,” Ortiz said. “The n***a’s recording me without my consent, because I asked for music.”

Though the gay New Yorker’s complaint was about not being allowed to turn on his music, he suggested to the police that he was afraid Lettman would do something that “threatens my life.”

After posting the video of the lengthy altercation to YouTube, Lettman revealed in a GoFundMe page that Lyft suspended his driver account for two days to investigate the incident — causing him to lose two days’ worth of wages.

“After the end of the video, I had to also call the police for myself expressing my concerns and fear of what will happen if I was not assisted,” the driver wrote. “Luckily there was no physical confrontation but the company I drive with felt it necessary to cancel my account pending investigation. Unfortunately, expenses weren’t suspended and I am left to dig myself out of an awfully stressful predicament.”

The “Insulted but Not Broken” fundraiser earned Lettman over $21,000 at press time, and Instinct revealed that Ortiz had been fired from his job at a CityMD urgent care center.

[/QUOTE]

6. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Oh well. Now cabana boy is on the street corner with a cardboard sign reading, “Will Bottom For Food”....

BrentForays and NikR dapped this.
  7. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    A whole lot going on here.
    1: I don't know what the company policy is about allowing passengers to play their music is but regardless of what the policy is the customer was just being bitch over something insignificant. Which brings me to my feelings about the service industry. The customer isn't always sometimes the customer is just an unreasonable bitch.
    2: Latinos are sometimes worse to deal with than whites. Because they think they're better than black people but what the right to say the n-word. White people for the most part know they're not supposed to say.
    3: Dealing with bitchy gay men is often times worse than dealing with a woman or a straight dude.
    4: You gotta laugh at the irony of a gay, latino, Trump supporter. He's all of the things Trump and his minions hate rolled up in one package.
    5: This acting up queer fucked over a man just trying to earn an honest buck. I have no respect for people like that. What a scumbag.

8. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    There is none. All we are required to do is get you there safely in a car with seat belts, air conditioning (heat is not listed), and windows that you can control.

Music, phone chargers, mints, live TV, disco lights, hand sanitizer etc is all optional at the driver's discretion.

I can play any song due to my unlimited YouTube account but I don't connect people's phones to my car via aux cord or Bluetooth.

It's usually wytwmn who want to listen to the most ratchet rap and they know all the words. But they asses bet not let "nigga" roll out their mouths because I will put they asses out in the middle of the interstate.