Gender Benders

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Jai, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Hello my men,

So I recently posted a status about me treading on dangerous waters with my mouth..(get your mind out of the gutter, okay...Not that kinda stuff.)

So there's this transguy at my job who I've mistakenly called a "he" about twice. The second time he..(she) pointed it out by posting SHE is the work chat, so I apologized and said I got caught up in the conversation. She still looks like a guy, so...sometimes I be just talking.

A few weeks earlier, a lot of folks got fired because they were saying inappropriate things or whatever in chat...H.R. didn't go into details, just to be mindful of how you speak as you may offend others but it was clear someone complained or something.

Later on, sometimes we talk and joke about things not work related and the topic of Mortal Kombat came up and I had mentioned how I thought Ermac was a cool character. (I think he's the black ninja) and she says there's one reason she like him and she goes on to say that he's a bottom.

So I play dumb and say, "Bottom tier? I think he was a mid tier fighter." she the responds, "Lol, not that kind of bottom." And so ..I'm quiet and no one else in the chat has anything to say. I don't know if they know what she meant or just didn't want to say anything..lol

She had mwntmenti once that she wanted to wear a dress and some guy had said, "You're a boy." And well, he got fired.

My company is LGBT friendly for sure..lmao.

Have any of you accidentally referred to the trans person as their gender at birth?

2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    • Calling a trans woman a man or boy or saying you shouldn't were a dress = fireable offense.
    • Trans person referring to someone as a bottom on company devices / software? = its all good.
    Both are inappropriate for work environments.

From my observation, no one bottom shames more than fem bottoms.
    If she still looks like a man, than referring to her with male pronouns is a natural slip up.

But do you work for a social media or video game design company?

Seems like a lot of non-work going on at work.

Nigerian Prince and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  3. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Lol, yes. I work in that industry. We can have casual chat and stuff in between software builds but we were talking about something and I made a mistake and put he instead of she. We are allowed to post to express outselves in a separate "cool off" public chat as long as it isn't offensive to others. I have like two computers a Mac and Windows so I multitask pretty well..lol ..but I was thinking like it's 2019...everyone should know what a bottom is by now..lol

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  4. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    This is exactly why I DO NOT FRATERNIZE WITH MY CO WORKERS

Because shit can always go to the left when people get too comfortable. Fuck that shit.

This person is a trans guy M->F or what? Just call they assess 'they' and let that be it.

5. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Exactly.

Two managers asked me why my Skype IM is not open.

I told them its supposed to be used for business purposes; however when I have it up, co-workers want to use it for gossip and possible dates. So I don't even log into it anymore.

6. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    We have Skype for Business but I hardly use it. Our other channels is more widespread so we can communicate across the the country or another country but we have our leisure channels.

Anywho, when I first came to job, I remember posting here that they always wondered why I was quiet. They always made it seem like I was keeping to myself and not joining in on their conversations. I didn't even talk to one of my bosses cause I felt like he might be kind of two faced but he used to always try to get me to talk to him by yelling jokes. I would smile but never talk to him.

This year I started talking a little more but online. In fact, I'm the one wishing everyone a good morning and all that..blah blah..just cause I like the positive energy. But I was write my first year to be like myself and be quiet and respond polietly.

I decided to experiment one week and go quiet again and they were thinking something was wrong or I was down or whatever..lol

Anywho, that trans person is okay...I was just surprised by the whole bottom comment.. No one had to know what she was talking about cause I was looking..wtf did they just say..lmao.

mojoreece and OckyDub dapped this.