Hairdresser Daryll Rowe ‘demanded sex then told male lover: I have HIV. Lol’

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Lancer, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    [​IMG]
    A man who says he was deliberately infected with HIV by a Brighton hairdresser felt "pressured" into having sex, a court has been told.

Hairdresser Daryll Rowe is accused of telling partners he was virus-free and then insisting on unprotected sex.

In a video statement to Lewes Crown Court, the man said he felt he was starting a relationship with Mr Rowe.

He said he later received a text from Mr Rowe saying: "Maybe you have the fever... I have HIV LOL."

Mr Rowe, from Brighton, denies infecting four men with the virus.

He also denies attempting to infect a further six men in the Brighton area between October 2015 and December 2016.

'Ripped condom'
    In his taped police interview, the complainant said: "He asked for sex and I gave him oral sex. He asked for more and I said no and he started to get angry.

"I felt like we had to do it. So we did."

The two men had unprotected sex in a car but stopped when a cyclist rode past.

Mr Rowe then wanted them to continue but the alleged victim said he did not.

When the complainant drove him home, Mr Rowe refused to get out of the car and tried to bully him into having sex behind some bins, the court heard.

"It felt like an hour with him just going on and on. I felt very vulnerable," he said.

A second complainant, an American man, also said Mr Rowe aggressively demanded unprotected sex but he insisted on a condom.

He said Mr Rowe's messages became aggressive, so he blocked the number.

He said Mr Rowe called him on a withheld number and said: "I ripped the condom, you're so stupid you don't even know. You may have it. Burn."

A few months later the American was diagnosed as HIV positive.

The four men Mr Rowe is accused of infecting with HIV all had very similar strains to the one he was infected with, making it highly likely he was the source of the virus, the court heard.

The trial continues.
    HIV hairdresser 'pressured man into sex'

2. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Gay guys are just PURE EVIL!!!

3. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    While I am definitely one to say that people need to take responsibility for their hiv acquisition and unwanted pregnancy, this was pure deception.

He clearly is not on his own meds because if he was he'd be less likely to transmit it. This is so fucked up.

OckyDub dapped this.
  4. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    This is def fukd up, but one thing we know is that people are fukd up! How tf does someone demand sex?! Gtfoh!

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  5. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    I think that may depend on with how gay men view or consider what consent means.

6. SB3

Daps Received:
    It could simply be my own ignorance where I'm missing something, but I just don't understand how a grown azz man forgets that he controls his own narrative when someone 'demands' sex. Ijs, no one is claiming sexual assault.

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  7. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    IDK. I thought maybe he meant it as "We'll he's already here and I'm not really doing anything anyway. Plus it's not like we haven't screwed before so...might as well."

However this guy didn't have any authority or power over the other men so why compelled them to give him the sex he demanded? Unless it was part of the kink and they got off on being dominated? If it wasn't for transmission of HIV he wouldn't have complained about it is what I'm getting. Like other than that, he didn't consider it force or rape until then.

Winston Smith and SB3 dapped this.
  8. SB3

Daps Received:
    EXACTLY! Once u start saying 'demanded', esp when more than 1 person is using that language, that's a loaded statement.

ControlledXaos and Winston Smith dapped this.