Harpo for President...Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Jan 10, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

If You People Are Really Dumb Enough to Vote For Me, I’ll Run For President
    Oprah Winfrey

Ever since I gave my acceptance speech at the Golden Globes on Sunday, there has been considerable buzz around the idea of me running for president. Americans from all walks of life expressed awe and amazement at my ability to not only speak in complete sentences but manage to inspire. Admittedly, I was a bit shocked at just how shocked people were. I do this for a living, remember? Wikipedia me. American talk-show host. That’s how I’ve made my billions. Being surprised that I come across as likable, charismatic and measured when I talk is like being surprised that Anderson Cooper looks incredible in a tight black t-shirt or that Cardi B isn’t talented.

Yet, here we are — me — a ridiculously gifted black woman and self-made billionaire with an uncanny ability to, through my warm demeanor and cable-television network, connect with the masses — and you — a person among the masses desperate enough to elect anyone to the nation’s highest office who isn’t Donald Trump. Perhaps you think it makes sense to fight fire with fire. I get it. You want to replace one unqualified celebrity with a slightly more qualified (but still objectively unqualified) one. And while that’s a dumb ass idea, I’ll humor you because once again, humoring the masses through communication is literally what I do.

Let’s say I’m more intelligent, poised and competent than the current president. Which, like, come on. Is that all you want? There is a 99.9 percent chance that the last person you talked to, regardless of age, is more of those things than the current president. I guess the friendly 19-year-old community college student I struck up a conversation with 15 minutes ago in line at Chipotle should be president too, right? Really?

Of course, me being this honest and blunt is probably making you like me more. Unfortunately, I can never turn off my charm. (Seriously, six years ago, I had charm surgically injected into my veins.That’s some next-level billionaire shit that you — a mere commoner — wouldn’t know anything about.) Even through written communication, I make people feel welcome and understood. But despite my empathetic writing style, please believe me when I tell you I think all of you are insane.

Like, batshit crazy.

However— and this is a big however — if you people are dumb enough to put your faith in me as your next commander-in-chief, I will run. If you are ignorant enough to think that the only way out of our current political nightmare is to elect another billionaire celebrity with no political experience,I will run. If you have lost so much perspective that you truly believe, despite constant news stories telling you otherwise, that all a president needs to do is make people feel good in speeches, then I will run.

If you people are crazy enough to think it’s a good idea to give a television personality with no governing track record keys to the nuclear codes (again), then I will run. If you are so dense (again) that you fail to see the conflicts of interests that will arise when a wealthy American media mogul is running the country, then I will start my 2020 campaign right now. And keep in mind, just like the current president, I’m not divesting from any of my ventures. (I have my own — pun intended — television network for God’s sake and already tell people what they should read and you people want to give me more power?!?) If you think (again) that the best person to address income inequality is a billionaire who hasn’t dined in a regular restaurant in over a decade, then I’ll run. (Sorry, I lied about the Chipotle story to be more relatable but you’re so stupid you probably believed me.)

Look, I’m flattered that all of you are so stupid, and if your ignorance doesn’t subside over the next few months, I will run. I’m a billionaire. No matter what happens, I’ll be fine. But for your sake, I hope all of you come to your senses soon.

Oprah, out.

If You People Are Really Dumb Enough to Vote For Me, I’ll Run For President

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  2. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
  3. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I say no. We need QUALIFIED individuals in office with the adequate amount of political experience and qualifications. If Oprah (or Trump) can be in the White House, then I should be able to do open heart surgery w/o being certified. No we know that ain't happening for me!

BrentForays and OckyDub dapped this.
  4. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I am so sick of the left, which I am proudly part of and our god damn fever dreams.

Do I love Oprah, I mean who doesn't? She is the epitome of self-made. More power to her. I think it would be a disastrous mistake for Oprah to try to become a politician, which despite what you think is a skillset. Oprah's brand, Orpah's ethos, Oprah's regard would be ruined as soon as she slapped on a partisan label.

Oprah is a once in a lifetime talent whom we should all try to learn from. But she is not a politician. Could Oprah become a successful candidate for the presidency? Absolutely. Could she even win a presidential election against Donald? Without a doubt.

One of Oprah’s most powerful tools in her toolbelt is her ability to unite Americans across party lines. She is one of few Americans who has a platform just as big as the president. When Oprah speaks, people listen. The same won’t be true if private citizen Oprah becomes presidential candidate Winfrey. Presidential candidate Winfrey will have her philanthropy turned into a weapon used against her, rather than an example of her devotion to equality. Does that sound familiar? Presidential candidate Winfrey will have her personal relationships placed under a microscope. Need I go on? Presidential candidate Winfrey will be attacked from every direction.

All this attention and speculation has been fun or whatever but American liberals need to get a fucking grip! Oprah is not the savior. She is not the change we seek.

:hubie::ravetho:

5. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Seeing how crazy this nation has gotten, you may want to at least have some scrubs and a scalpel ready....hey you could always operate on Trump-oh wait, there would be no heart to operate on. Just a cold dead space.

The only way Oprah should run is if she has suddenly developed a self-destructive streak and wants to see her accomplishments ruined, and her life, her friends, her associates, and past all drug through thick toxic GOP mud. Agree with Blackguyexec.

6. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    If Harpo was president and she and her secretary of state pulled a Lybia like Obamy and ClinTon did; my spirits would be crushed that my once imaginary TV play momma could do such a thing.

mojoreece and Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  7. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Well at least her gift to blacks right before MLK Day would not be referring to Haiti and African nations as "shithole countries" and then refer to lily-white Norway as a preferred nation, now would she? As bad as anyone else has been, Trump as totally demeaned and destroyed whatever shreds of integrity remained associated with the position of "The President of the United States". He is a cancer, a malignancy-and we know how we treat those, now don't we?

*We treat them kindly with friendly little doses of drugs and radiation, in case any inquiring prying minds see this. (yeah right)

8. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I would take being called a shithole to my country being torn apart by American policies any day...you?

9. RolandG

Bae Material Squad Leader The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    It boggles my mind that people speak of us needing "qualified politicians" to run this country. Correct me if i'm wrong but haven't "qualified politicians" run up the debt, passed tax cuts for the rich, gotten us into countless wars, dropped bombs on innocent civilians, and scare us by threatening to take away our healthcare and civil liberties? Not saying Oprah is the person to lead this country but can we get off this sanctimonious high horse of ours and stop thinking that you have to be a career politician in order to fix what's broken? Not every career civil servant is right for this country and not every non-civil servant is right for this country. Really, besides a few terms in the Illinois Legislator and half a term as a senator, what seperates Obama from Oprah? IJS

NewAfrikan, mojoreece, Apollo and 2 others dapped this.
  10. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Agreed. I had a day long debate on Facebook about this. The worst Presidents we've had were all career politicians.

Trump's flaw is not that he's inexperienced, its that he thinks he already knows everything, he refuses to learn anything new, he's a racist, he wasn't even that good at his day job and (as its being reported recently) he might be going senile.

I'm down for a non-politician to become President if they are at least good leaders and inspire the ppl around them to do good work.

Apollo dapped this.
  11. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    Yeah. I definitely think Oprah would be more liberal than most career democrats plus she understands business and can relate to americans across the spectrum. My only concern is she might be too soft in some areas like defense. Oprah is no Donald Trump. Thank god she's not Harry Belafonte-ish either.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  12. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Yeah, I'm not saying she would make a dope President...I just think she has the right to run if she wanted to....she's very different than Trump. He ran most of his businesses into the ground or into civil litigation...she has not.

13. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Due to Oprah being unapologetically Black, I think she trumps Obama in that sense. I feel she would tackle issues of race far better than what he could (was allowed) to do.

14. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    Do you think she could get votes from those Mid-Western white women that watched her show or will partisan politics keep them in the Republican column?

15. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Man please...all Oprah gotta due is interview a panel of white women about their struggles and women would not only be begging her to run for president but also requesting she revamp her old daytime talk show from the Oval office.

16. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    You really should look into being a comedy writer or something. LMAO Saturday Night Live????

17. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Flattery will get you everywhere...except free entry into the Cypher Ave 4th of July Cook Out - Sponsored by Bump Stopper.

[​IMG]

18. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    LMAO. You are officially the second funniest person on this here board. I'm the funniest of course. No really you should write more or something. Don't let these jokes go to waste. Get with @hannibal and the two of you can come up with a comedy series on Black & Sexy TV.

Nigerian Prince and Apollo dapped this.
  19. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Man please...I don't have time for @hannibal to be intimidated by my masculinity and aggressiveness. Gay folk only like these attributes in the bedroom and I gotta man.

20. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    You only talking shit like this cause you know hannibal don't be on here to get you together like he used to. LOL

21. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    He attacks me (and masculinity) on FB now.

22. RolandG

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    It's complicated
    Get em Hannibal. LOL

23. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    She's great and all,but this hype around her is part of a a common problem . a rousing speech should not be what sells you on a leader,or anything.Speeches are just performances to build hype.They never give you the things you need to make informed decisions.This reasoning for choosing leaders is why we are where we are now,and why other tyrants and facists were able to gain support to get in positions of power.

24. eli94

eli94 Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    i really thought oprah wrote that until the article said cardi b aint talented. oprah's too diplomatic to say that shit outright. lmao.

ita. im not educated enough to articulate why but career politicians just rub me the wrong way.

i dont think oprah's the answer tho. you need more than the gift of gab to lead a country.

what we really need to do is get rid of these fking lobbyists.

OckyDub, Apollo and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  25. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Look at the other nation mentioned: Norway. They are one of the wealthiest, healthiest, happiest nations on Earth. And then look at West Virginia, Mississippi(sorry @DreG ), many inner cities, hell even the Central Valley of California. We kinda already are a shithole ourselves.

Not sure what you mean...do you mean countries like Haiti and El Salvador being 'torn apart' by American policies that supported right wing dictators and Corporate colonialism? Or do you mean The US. itself being torn apart economically, socially, and politically as it is being torn apart now?

Sounds like the former, and neither would be my answer, as there are more choices than one or the other, and neither "being torn apart" nor being called "a shithole"is acceptable.

26. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    First, I believe that anyone who runs for President of the United States should actually want to be president and think that they could do a good job as President. Secondly, being a politician is a skillset that most people simply don't have, hence the reason why most people will never run for public office. The notion that the worst politicians are a career politician is a fool's errand The worst of any profession is the same premise. The worst surgeons are still surgeons, the worst dentist, the worst teachers and so on. Third, we need competence. We need someone who is a visionary. We need someone who has the ability to lead and manage. We need someone who understands shared powers and deference to the Constitution.

Nigerian Prince, mojoreece and OckyDub dapped this.
  27. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Too many on the political left in this country are just stupid. They have an almost autistic single mindedness when it comes to the presidency. The big problem is Republicans control both chambers of Congress, most state legislatures, and most governor's offices in the country and that's how right wing have been able to hijack the country by gerrymandering themselves super majorities. They are slowly turning the clock back to 1929. What are the Democrats doing? Kissing Oprah's ass. I for one would not vote for her. She has no political experience and even in the off chance she did get elected you can bet red state America would mobilize to make sure they atleast mainted control of Congress. They will be able to contain a President Oprah just like contained Obama. Legislators will continue to turn back the clock on workers rights, promote corporate malfeasance, promote Christian theocracy, dismantle the social safety net, they'll continue mass incarceration and drug war polices. The political left need to get smart and learn to walk and chew gum at the same time.
    1: they need to refocus on combating the Republicans on the state level where most policy is made. 2: they need to retake the Senate and the House of representatives or atleast chip away at the supermajority in the House of representatives. 3: They need field qualified candidates for president who A: know how the political system works and that can actually drive a political agenda and B: will not be perceived as threatening by white middle America.

28. hannibal

Most Comedic Player Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    *ignores any commentary about the absurdity of Oprah running for president and focuses his attention on @RolandG and @OckyDub *

First of all, I will always be the funniest person on this forum. @Nick Delmacy already said so. 2nd, I'm busy doing stuff like flirting with people on facebook since you masculines all turned out to be no good. C. I now harass Ocky on facebook and will continue to do so until they cancel my account!

29. hannibal

Most Comedic Player Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    In fact, I just posted an animal planet video and tagged @OckyDub just to let him know I'm still harassing him and his fragile masculinity...with animal planet videos.

OckyDub dapped this.
  30. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I'm so mad I missed this post when it was fresh.

NO. NO. NO. *bellows* That's not her lane!

Don't get me wrong; she's amazing but what's good for the goose is not good for the gander - she has no political experience (in education or practice). I refuse to let folks use Trump as justification for her to run. Why are we even talking about this.

You want a black woman to run for president, give me Kamala Harris on the ticket and a good running mate - say Joe Biden (although I'm sure he's either running for presidency or not at all). Or honestly, a Biden/Harris ticket wouldn't look too bad and she could springboard for the presidency 2024/2028

Fuck Donald Trump

mojoreece dapped this.