Best Posts in Thread: Has My Heart Become Hard?

1. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Many months ago, I expressed on Cypher an interest in working for myself or becoming an independent contractor. After looking over a few suggestions I decided to do it and in less than a month I was working from home after my job contract ended and I was off unemployment.

It took a little getting used to but I became determined and stuck with it till this very day. I mentioned to some colleagues about it during that time too and they kind of dismissed the idea being more interested in their stable jobs.

Basically, folks were just ignoring what I was saying about me going to work for myself.

Now this Cornoavirus epidemic has not affected me at all financially tbh I still get paid and make enough to take care of myself. I paid my rent early, on the 14th havand Ie been ordering groceries online for years before all of this, so I get organic fruits and things delivered to me.

As far as health is concerned, I am good. I go to the store and chat with my Arab friends because they are open...I haven't had any health problems.

The only time there was an issue was when I was going to take out the trash. When I was on my way this lady is walking past me just coughing up a storm without covering her mouth. I didn't think much of it until a few hours later I started to feel funny. Like I was beginning to get a cold and I got tired. After I feel asleep I woke up completely fine like nothing ever happened. This was a few days ago. I was for sure I caught something but I like to think that my mostly Alkaline diet contributed to me not getting really "sick". I currently live that Cornoavirus is here. Not because of the deaths but because of the refreshing of things.

You all may not know how close to nature I am. I am somewhat an environmentalist at heart. I've been outside here and there without a care in the world. Of course I don't do anything stupid but I still enjoy the outside.

I noticed some things about this pandemic. Lots of people have lost their jobs and many other things. Most of the folks that mocked me for quiting my job, being introverted and thought I was talking air now have to sit at home without pay and practice "social distancing."

My state has closed down things and people are being asked not to work.

Like I've already taken care of all my bills, rent, booked a flight in June and purchased all kinds of gadgets from Amazon including a nice speedo to wear to the beach and be fabulous in the sun.

I am newly single now, no kids, no major responsibilities because I live the life of a minimalist. It doesn't take a lot to please me physically. I don't care about expensive shoes, clothes and all that stuff...etc. I do have a sense of refinement about myself.

Being more a spiritual seeker, I don't celebrate a lot of holidays, including my birthday. I just treat everyday as a good day to be alive.

I post on my social media of events not relating to Coronavirus such as me planning to travel and have fun and do other things stress free. Though I don't do it often, maybe once or twice every week or two. I also make jokes about Coronavirus and how she needs to have a seat.

I also feel it's a good time to write.

Am I wrong for not feeling sympathetic for some people/ some of humanity? Has my heart become hard?

I feel like when this pandemic is over, people will return to their shitty ways and their narcissistic social media vomit posts.

Being a natured person I feel like the virus was either man made (to make folks take a vaccine) or nature's way of refreshing for Spring because let's be honest here....imo, our species is incredibly toxic to the environment with the things we do.