He Got The Hook-Up!

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Nigerian Prince, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    How do you guys feel about hooking up? Do you enjoy it? Do you hate it? Looking back do you think that you would have done it more (or less)?

I just ask because I just think that today people have so many options open to them with all of these apps and all. Everyone has their choices and they seem to be content with laying with as many people as they choose. In the homosexual and the heterosexual community, the hook-up culture is so huge! I just feel like I would want sex to have meaning because speaking with other black gay men, especially those off of this website, they tell me that sex in a committed relationship is always better. They say hook-up sex is dry and awkward.

What are your thoughts?

cypher21 dapped this.
  2. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I don't have a problem with hooking up. When I was single I'd did my fair share of hooking up and had some amazing sex. That said it does get old after a while. There is something to be said for the virtues of a committed relationship.

#2 Cyrus-Brooks, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  3. BlackExcellence

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm a naturally monogamous guy in a non monogamous world so where I'm at now they're necessary. I'm at the stage in life where the thrill of "trying" someone new is still there but doesn't drive me. I'd much rather find a steady in the absence of a relationship. I've definitely slowed down from my 20s but I don't have any regrets about the number of hook ups I had.

4. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Im with you, my dude. I admittedly haven't had "a lot" of hook ups in the past and I'm not thoroughly against hooking up with someone, but it doesn't drive me nor am I thirsting for it. I'm "built" for monogamy so-to-speak, and would take a relationship over a hookup any day.

5. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I don't think there is any problem with hooking up or having casual sex. I think if more people were upfront about wanting something casual there wouldn't be such a stigma attached to the hook up culture. Back in the day, I had no problem hooking up and keeping it moving as along as all parties recognized that it was a hook up and nothing more. I had some good times before I met the one who forced me to settle down.

6. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    U alrdy know my stance, but I'll humor yall. I just dont like the emptiness of it. I'm good w myvidster for now

:yeshrug:

7. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    lol That's my biggest reservation about it...seems too easy to come by or impersonal idk Great post @African King!

Nigerian Prince and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  8. GaTekno84

GaTekno84 Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Married
    Im a hunter. I dont mind hooking up if I hunt and worked for it. Scavaging on apps for fast n easy hookups takes the thrill out of it for me.

Nigerian Prince and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  9. redsai84

redsai84 For the night is dark and full of terrors.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    nah never been the hook up type seems like a waste of time just for a nut....i rather spend my time doing other stuff :sass2:

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  10. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    When I did it, I didn't have a problem with doing it because I was honest with myself about what it was.
    Having been in a 10yr relationship and then a 2yr one, I find I prefer sex and intimacy with something behind it.
    I still don't see a problem with people doing it if that's what makes you happy.

Nigerian Prince dapped this.