Heisman Winner Kyler Murray Apologizes After Homophobic Tweets Surface

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by OckyDub, Dec 9, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Basically a kid was able to apologize and keep it moving. Unlike unfunny Kevin Hart.

[​IMG]

Within hours of accepting the prestigious Heisman Trophy, Oklahoma Sooners quarterback Kyler Murray issued an apology after homophobic tweets he made as a teenager surfaced.

The 21-year-old junior tweeted Sunday morning that his language “doesn’t reflect who I am or what I believe.”

“I apologize for the tweets that have come to light tonight from when I was 14 and 15,” he tweeted. “I used a poor choice of word that doesn’t reflect who I am or what I believe. I did not intend to single out any individual or group.”

The tweets from 2011 and 2012 repeatedly used the word “queer” in a derogatory manner. They were deleted by Saturday night, shortly after he was awarded the country’s top college football award for an individual player. He won the recognition after throwing more than 4,000 yards and 40 touchdowns this season, ESPN reported.

In addition to being the second straight winner from the University of Oklahoma ― Baker Mayfield, the current quarterback for the Cleveland Browns, won the award last year ― he’s the seventh player to win the Heisman in Oklahoma’s history. This ties the Sooners with Notre Dame and Ohio State for the most winners by school.

2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    To the young men on the site (Under 30) should you have to apologize for the bs you said when you were 14 or 15?

Cyrus-Brooks and mojoreece dapped this.
  3. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I just wish ppl no matter the age would stop posting every thought that comes to their mind online.:gucci:

If u want to be famous; Unfortunately that's the cost of being famous.
    :kermit:
    Hes young so he can blame it on youth. He just need a good PR team/fixer he'll be good. Plus hes going to the NFL that's not necessarily gay friendly. He'll be good.:yeshrug:

Winston Smith, OckyDub and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  4. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I said alot of stupid shit when I was 14, 15, 16......and well into my 20s so. There was no social media around to document it and internet access back in the 1990s was not easy or cheap. Not that anyone cares what I think since I'm not a public figure and have no desire to be. Either way I think youngin will get a pass. He can chalk it up to "youthful indiscretion" or ignorance.

5. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    he was 14 for Christ sake....

6. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I feel sorry for the young ones growing up in this Social media age, where they feel the need to post and share everything. As they put it out there the critics will fall hard on them. He was young and dumb, unfortunately or fortunately the times in which we live in will make them learn fast and harsh.