House of Cards, Season 4. Review, decompress, bash, praise :::spoiler alert:::

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by NikR, Mar 11, 2016.

1. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Ok nerds. I finished House of Cards Season 4 in 2 sittings. It's been 3 days and I'm about to explode. I need to decompress from it. I don't see any threads that cater to season 4, so let this be the first post. I'm hoping this thread will provide some space for watchers to provide first impressions, 1000-ft impressions, praise and critiques.

I'll even start. The very first scene destroyed me. I almost turned it off. What was the purpose of it? To show that Lucas would do anything to get out of prison? Even if that meant providing the jack-off material to his cell-mate? The weird homoerotic pseudo-Stockholm syndrome vibe was too much. Like, what kind of conversation proceeded that? "Hey Lucas, we've been sharing this cell for a few days, and you know, you having an imagination and all, I think it'll be great if you told me a nice little story while I jerk off"...? Or maybe "can I tell you a story?" Seriously, HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? After that, I was half expecting to see an explicit BJ scene. Thank the lord that didn't happen. Ugggh. I need to go have a shower now. But after the shower, I'll go back to thinking about Remy Danton/Mahershala Ali and whether there's any more room for me in those jeans.

What did you all think? Unrealistic? Ridiculous? Deliciously balanced? Are you craving more? Anything stuck out at you? Where do you think this is headed? I want to hear it ALL!

sauce126, Dante and Nick Delmacy dapped this.
  2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Bookmarked. I have words on this season as well. Gotta come back to this though, lol

3. bisonboy

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Deliciously balanced. I think it took me about 3-4 days to watch it. I had an event I was planning this past Sunday. I know my least favorite character this season was Conway for sure. He went from like acceptable to John McCain in like one episode and it wasn't cool for me. There are many more things I can say about this episode, but will wait. I did love the Claire and her mother dynamic!

NikR dapped this.
  4. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I agree with all of the above. I love how they showed the stage-craft behind Conway-the scheming, the arrogance, the petulance and of course the entitlement. At first, I was thinking, "Man! Conway's actually interesting", but he kept on giving off a weird John Edwards vibe. Seth annoyed the hell outta me- he's a rat and a nervous ninny; Stamper needed to break that glass on his face.

sauce126 dapped this.
  5. BlackExcellence

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm on episode 5 now. I'm really enjoying it and I'll just add that I LOVED when Claire set Frank up and left those earrings in the safety deposit box. There is no craftier creature on Earth than an angry white woman.

NikR dapped this.