I survived the Warsaw ghetto. Here are the lessons I’d like to pass on

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Lancer, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    [​IMG]

Germany’s chancellor Angela Merkel stated this summer that “when the generation that survived the war is no longer here, we’ll find out whether we have learned from history”. As a Polish Jew born in 1925, who survived the Warsaw ghetto, lost my family in the Holocaust, served in a special operations unit of the Polish underground, the Home Army, and fought in the Warsaw uprising of 1944, I know what it means to be at the sharp end of European history – and I fear that the battle to draw the right lessons from that time is in danger of being lost.

'...do not ever imagine that your world cannot collapse, as ours did. This may seem the most obvious lesson to be passed down, but only because it is the most important.

I survived the Warsaw ghetto. Here are the lessons I’d like to pass on | Stanisław Aronson

Mendizi dapped this.
  2. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    A wonderful read, if you have the time. Its so fascinating and scary to hear those who survived tell their stories and give their takes on current world issues.