Best Posts in Thread: If We're In a Relationship; Your Clothes are My Clothes

1. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I think straight dudes don't like their girls wearing their clothes, because it's not an even exchange. A straight dude is not gonna throw on his girl's clothes in exchange.

As for me, my dude and I are relatively the same size, but don't have the exact same style. We have definitely exchanged and shared clothes, but there's still a little bit of a separation. We don't have a problem with it. Sometimes if one of us is clothes shopping and we see something that we may only sorta like to wear occasionally, but know that the other is more likely to wear it, we'll be it anyway, cuz it'll be worn regardless.

2. lyriq88

Squad Leader

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    In all of my past relationships, I've definitely worn my partners clothes lol. Sweats, T-Shirts, Draws, Socks, Whatever... I've never dated someone who's worn my same shoe size (Somehow, I've never dated a dude who's worn a 12 or bigger lol) but I'll definitely grab a couple of random items of clothes from time to time.

Ora Obi, Cyrus-Brooks, Apollo and 2 others dapped this.
  3. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    *In my SZA voice* his draws are my draws too, our draws is our draws!

Sike, nigga. leave my shit alone. It's cool every once in a while but you shouldn't be wearing the seams out my shit.

4. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    tumblr_lwxnacmtS51qaboh9o1_250.gif
    ^^me watching said dude try on my blue suit, like it belongs to him

tumblr_lwxnacmtS51qaboh9o9_250.gif
    ^^me watching the fool grumble about how the seat of my dress pants are tailored to only fit my plump ass, and not some concave ass

tumblr_m4ro179yjk1qexvvto1_500.gif
    ^^me watching the dumbass spill coffee all over my favorite tie, and then say dumb shit like, "if we're in a relationship, your clothes are my clothes."

Nah we not sharing!

I take care of my clothes and shoes- that's why they last. The moment I no longer can do this is the moment I become a sullen shell of myself. If the dude wants pointers, I'll give 'em to him. I'll even take him to Target, DTLR, J Crew, Banana Republic, H&M, Macy's, Sak's off 5th, hit up indie/unique T-makers on red bubble, show him the ropes at Lovely Lapels and expound on the quality of soles at Steve Madden. But we ain't sharing jack shit. I already have a roomie who likes "borrowing" my one-of-a-kind Boondocks t-shirts, cuz we're the same size. It drives me insane. So Imma extrapolate and say nah. Naaaahhh!!!

5. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

I remember many years ago listening to comedian Jerry Seinfeld in which he humorously mentions what he thinks is one of the greatest benefits of being a gay man in a relationship with another man. He stated that if he and the other man were about the same size in stature; he would be elated because his wardrobe would instantly double. He stated he would have access to new shirts, shoes, pants, etc. and save a fortune.

Years later, I’ve seen countless memes and social media postings from straight men complaining about their girlfriends wearing or taking their sweat shirts and hoodies. I can’t recall hearing these type of complaints from non-heterosexual dudes and I wondered what could be the reason/s behind this.

Could one reason be because many gay dudes are perpetually single and serial daters? Granted, we’ve all seen photos and know of plenty of happily married gays or dudes in long term relationships. Nonetheless; it’s also known that many men don’t make it past the first date, a hookup or a one month time span. So understandably no shirts nor house keys will be shared.

On a personal level, my partner is bigger than myself but I have from time to time found myself (out of necessity) wearing his dress shirts, pants, dress shoes underwear and socks. Long term relationships are possible, so if it’s something you’re seeking, could you one day see yourself sharing cloths with your partner?

[​IMG]

Read the whole post here.