Best Posts in Thread: If Your Ex Wants To Stay Friends With You, They’re Probably A Psychopath, Science Says

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Just a thought

One would've had to been in a serious long term relationship before they can say what they will do while in and after the relationship is over. In 10 years with the same dude, there are many things I have done that I previously said I would not do.

Infinite_loop, mojoreece, Lancer and 3 others dapped this.
  2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    FINALLY, I FEEL VINDICATION!!! THANKS, SCIENCE!!!

[​IMG]

Dean, mojoreece, Lancer and 3 others dapped this.
  3. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I think I just grew up and became secure from my first relationship where being friends with exes was normalized. I don't miss this last dude for the relationship feelings and I'm not bitter lol. He's actually just a decent person in a world full of folks you can't trust.

I've moved on from the situation and have accepted it for what it is but that doesn't bar me from still having an opinion on the principle.

mojoreece, Lancer, Juan-Carlos and 2 others dapped this.
  4. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    To each his own. Being cordial is one thing, this article (and my views) are based on the “Best Friends with Exes” situation that many people (especially gays) seem to get caught up in...They want the companionship without the relationship.

It’s not about pretending they don’t exist, its about placing the good and bad memories in a mental archive and moving on with your life.

I used to go to certain schools and jobs every day, yet I don’t keep texting my old bosses/teachers asking how they are doing and planning trips together... Even family/friends that I grew up with eventually fade to the background of my life, yet if we see each other we can be cordial.

5. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Oorrr...I spent time building a relationship with that person, the least we could do is keep in touch and wish each other well moving forward....

To me, it's even more crazy that you used to plan every day with this person in mind and now you pretend like they don't exist...

Infinite_loop, mojoreece, Lancer and 2 others dapped this.