It’s time to give MNEK his dues

Discussion in 'Music and Podcasts' started by Lancer, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:

“This album is my chance to introduce myself to a lot of people,” says MNEK. At the time of our chat, it’s only been a few days since the 23-year-old pop singer-songwriter released his debut album Language – but unlike most artists releasing their first record, MNEK has seven years in the industry and a slew of Top 10 hits already under his belt.

Even if you’ve not heard of MNEK, you’ve heard his songs. Born Uzoechi Osisioma Emenike, he had a brief spell of going by Uzo, to curve the ham-fisted mispronunciations of his name, before opting for a stage name that literally spells it out (EM-EN-I-KE). He was discovered on MySpace at the age of 14, and went on to write for Beyoncé (on Lemonade’s “Hold Up”), Madonna, Christina Aguilera, Little Mix, and Dua Lipa. He also featured on the No. 4 hit “Ready For Your Love” with Gorgon City, and found recent success with “Never Forget You” with Zara Larsson (“We got certified two times platinum this week,” he says, casually).

It’s time to give MNEK his dues

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  2. Lancer

Daps Received:
    I heard about dude from the song he did with Zara Larsson, which was playing every fucking where! He is crazy talented and one can hear it in his music, however Gay Black men are not really welcome in the music industry, in my opinion. I think he is more talented than Sam Smith, however its the whole Jill Scott and Adele thing over again.
    They like what he does and his talents just as long as he stays behind the camera.

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  3. Lancer

Daps Received:
  4. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Didn't I tell y'all about dude since tiiiiime?

He's fem as fuck. He's talented as fuck. I'm here for it.

Lancer dapped this.