James Franco's faux gayness

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by Tyroc, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    When it comes to his sexuality, the actor-provocateur is as coy as ever.

If James Franco were a black entertainer saying what he's not really saying, there'd be a whole other level of nonstop vitriolic attacks coming at him.
    He gets to order his blue and pink cupcakes and eat them with both sides primarily cheering him on for his bravery.
    [​IMG]
    James Franco’s affinity for gay-themed film projects have prompted widespread speculation about his sexuality for years. Now, however, the acclaimed actor-director is coming out. Sort of.

In a candid interview with New York magazine, Franco, 37, criticized what he described as the media’s “overfocusing” on his sexuality after he explored gay themes onscreen in “Milk,” “I Am Michael” and behind the camera in “Interior. Leather Bar.”

Noting that his celebrity status alone created interest in “who I’m having sex with,” Franco said, “If your definition of gay and straight is who I sleep with, then I guess you could say I’m a gay cock tease. It’s where my allegiance lies, where my sensibilities lie, how I define myself.”

He then cryptically concluded, “Yeah, I’m a little gay, and there’s a gay James.”

Franco seemed to be echoing sentiments he shared in a 2015 issue of FourTwoNine magazine that featured an article in which he interviewed himself as “Straight James Franco” talking to “Gay James Franco.”

“I like to think that I’m gay in my art and straight in my life. Although, I’m also gay in my life up to the point of intercourse, and then you could say I’m straight,” he said. “I am a figure who can show the straight community that many of their definitions are outdated and boring. And I can also show the gay community that many of the things about themselves that they are giving up to join the straight community are actually valuable and beautiful.”

Franco’s latest project seems likely to only fuel that speculation further. “King Cobra,” which also stars Garrett Clayton, Molly Ringwald and Christian Slater, is based on the 2007 murder of gay adult film impresario Bryan Kocis. Franco’s production company, Event Films, is behind the film, which premiered this month at the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival.

True to form, Franco teased fans with a sweaty, shirtless Instagram photo of himself posing with co-star Keegan Allen on the set in October. 12142708_1513644952289839_1528521958_n.jpg
    As easy as it is dismiss Franco’s professed interest in gay themes as another case of Hollywood “queer baiting,” “King Cobra” is already generating positive buzz around its Tribeca release. So it’s safe to say we’ll see him exploring more same-sex love on the big screen in years to come.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  2. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Yeah, always found him to be annoying.

3. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Don't know anything about him.

4. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Never knew there was speculation about him.I saw him as one of those guys who would do suspect things for the sake of a joke,kinda like when the South Park guys showed up to the Oscars in drag.

ControlledXaos and SB3 dapped this.
  5. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Damn really? Nothing about him? What kinda movies you watch bro?

takeyourmeds91 and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  6. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I always fvcked with James Franco HARD. That would be one of the kind of dudes I would date. Funny as sh*t but also sexy. IMO.

As far as the gay thing I definitely think he is like a lot of white men (not all), but many who do not grow up with the ignorant ass stigmas, thoughts, and homophobia that plagues that black community about gay men. So as such, he plays with it, kiss guys, doesn't see anything wrong with fluid sexually because as a creative person he can see appeal in both men and women.

Privately, I think dude is definitely straight but maybe fluid if the right dude comes along and have him look at sex, dating, love in a different way.

In the end, who the hell knows.... If I was rich, famous ,and gorgeous I would fvck them all, men and women.
    Like MOST of the people in Hollywood do... :fantasia:

7. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I'm not a hardcore Franco fan, but I don't have anything against him, either. He's a good lookin dude and seems like he'd be a cool dude to hang around. I knew a few "Francos" when I was in the military, and they were always the most fun guys to chill with because they didn't give a flyin' f#$k what anyone thought of them. As far as his "gay fluidity", who cares? Is it his fault other muhf#kaz can't drag their socio-sexually repressed a$$es up out of The Dark Ages and realize that the world is full of different kinds of people, and will continue to filled with different kinds of people?

8. grownman

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I watch movies of all genres. I could have seen him in a film and not known. But, I have been living in a bubble lately. But, life is not going to end for me- I promise.

9. grownman

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking

#9 grownman, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  10. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    To me, what he does is pandering more than anything.

Tyroc dapped this.
  11. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I am not sure about pandering. If he's accepting of his gay fans and audience, what's wrong with that? If he was black and does what he does, black folks would be losing their sh!t calling him every f@g under the sun. Some black male celebs don't even acknowledge they have gay fans.

While I'm not particularly attracted to him, I must say that some mystery about a dude is Sexy

takeyourmeds91 dapped this.
  12. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
  13. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux

Daps Received:
    If ya'll didn't see the first two Sam Raimi Spider-Man films,we can no longer talk.
    [​IMG]

14. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Why was he interviewed? Look cute and just act...ughhhh

grownman dapped this.
  15. grownman