James Peoples: Industry Changer

Discussion in 'Television and Web Series' started by OckyDub, Aug 4, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Props!

[​IMG]
    WRITTEN TO PERFECTION

Award-winning LA based filmmaker James Peoples is an industry changer with insatiable writing and production chops. With online television and online subscription services on the rise through mobile, Peoples, a writer and producer for Black & Sexy TV is on trend and in demand. With traditional TV continues to decelerate with a reported 1.08 million households cutting the chord with their TV subscriptions, it’s no wonder Peoples continues to carve a creative niche by writing original content for shows like Chef Julian, The Number and RoomieLoverFriends.

Peoples, in step with the global online television industry, continues to evolve approaching new opportunities and genre’s with fresh perspective and curiosity. From horror to LGBT to sci-fi to drama Peoples has a timely affinity for uncovering and exploring complex African-American issues. It’s no wonder “10 Cards” a short film Peoples co-wrote and produced about young lovers teetering on a life-changing decision was a feature at the African American Short Film Showcase and was played on national network.

Here’s what’s really scary about People’s success. The Boy, a short film he co-wrote and produced with Cayman Grant, takes an eerie look into an immigrant African family haunted by their own Xenophobic demons. A shock to many, the short film depicts dark practices and dangerous rituals that are widely used in Nigeria and Uganda to expunge LGBT tendencies and traits as ‘evil’. Compelled by the subject based on personal experiences growing up in the deep South’s Bible Belt in Tennessee, Peoples knows from personal experience that a “gay” exorcism to some is a crime against humanity to others. The horror is, public shamings, humiliation, torture and killing in the name of hate crimes aimed at the LGBT community are happening right now in America and Africa. As People’s well knows, the best place to level the political playground is in digital film and television but we concur, the lack of humanity is downright creepy. The Boy has been an official selection of the Pan African Film Festival, OUTFEST: FUSION, and NBCU Short Film Fest.

From exposing and exploring social and political stigma to mastering content for a young, progressive audience who identify with being Black, Peoples is versed in delivering culturally relevant digital entertainment in a market that is primed for digital growth. With a growing number of households with easy and direct access to subscription based online entertainment through multiple devices, Peoples will continue to indulge the growing demand for original content.

James Peoples

#1 OckyDub, Aug 4, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
    Nigerian Prince, NikR and DreG dapped this.
  2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I just wonder when Cypher Avenue squad members become famous and get write ups in magazines, will they big up the mainstream white gay publications or still rep these here Cypher Ave streets where they have been and outspoken voice for years?

@hannibal

Nigerian Prince, NikR and DreG dapped this.
  3. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
  4. LeMignon

LeMignon Your Favorite Nephew
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    If I ever get the fame, Cypher Avenue can have an exclusive interview... Though I'm actively trying to avoid fame as I come up.

Nigerian Prince and OckyDub dapped this.
  5. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    LeMignon dapped this.
  6. hannibal

Most Comedic Player Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    So...when will people inbox me to have sex with me and stuff? Havent a earned that?

OckyDub dapped this.