Kasich's compassionate conservatism is bad for your health. But there IS a vaccine!

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by NikR, Apr 3, 2016.

1. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    For the longest time, I thought that John Kasich, the Republican Governor of Ohio was a pretty stand-up dude. I thought- hey, he said yes to Obamacare in Ohio! He went against his awful party to actually help people! Maybe he actually is a Christian! He doesn't look crazy, especially when compared to Cruz or Trump.

And then, the drip, drip, drip started. Cutting taxes for rich people, since they apparently need sooooo much help. Limiting women's options with their body and reproductive rights- I hate when my patients' lives are made harder for no reason. The state has no business in the bedrooms of the nation; except of course when you're a Bush-like compassionate conservative.

And it's continued. Maybe I was wrong about him because the dark shadow of Trump completely engulfs him.

So, Ohio and midwestern bros, how wrong WAS I about Kasich?

Read more here:
    The Truth About John Kasich

2. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Compassionate conservative is an oxymoron like, Christian Science, clean coal, or Islamic feminism, He's the least crazy of the Republicans but that isn't saying much since conservatism is a fundamentally vicious ideology.

Discordant and Tyroc dapped this.
  3. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Kasich is a classic tea party Evangelical. He is especially bad when it comes to women and their rights. He does the 'good things' he does not because they are in accordance with the laws of the land(the Bible supercedes those) or because they are rationally and logically the best things to do but instead he does them because he does not want to go to hell. He is an egomaniac(more than the usual for a politician) and Ohio is not doing as well as he says economically-both Cincinnati and Cleveland have still not recovered the jobs lost during the recession-of Ohio's big cities only Columbus is ahead of where it was before the recession jobs-wise.

As bad as he is, he is nowhere near the disaster that Trump or Cruz would be-Trump is way crazier and Cruz is way more Evangelical and way more conservative. If we HAD to have one of the three, Kasich would be the least harmful I will admit.
    JMO of course