Kids Acting Out on Train in Philly

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by OckyDub, Apr 1, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    All I'm saying is...having to grow up in tough conditions sometimes will make you "act" tough. AND if one of the fathers are correct and the kids were called "monkeys" that is important. Nonetheless, I have never acted out like this in public as a child coming from a single parent home. IJS

Parents of kids in SEPTA video 'ashamed,' 'angry'

The parents of the children seen in a viral video on a SEPTA train speak to Action News.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 11:52PM
    PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) --
    The parents of young children seen in an online video hitting and spitting on a SEPTA train spoke to Action News Tuesday night.

[​IMG]

The parents of the children seen in a viral video on a SEPTA train speak to Action News. (WPVI)

Aurelis Rivera is the mother of two of the boys seen in the video, ages 8 and 10.

"I'm very ashamed. I would never think that they would do something like that," Rivera said.

Eulid Perez is the father of two boys, ages 7 and 11, and an 8-year-old girl.

"It gets me angry, you know. I was angry at my kids, I'm still angry at my kids for acting like that," Perez said.

The incident took place March 24th on the Market Frankford El. A rider posted the video to social media.

SEPTA police say a woman with four boys and a girl hopped on the train at 2nd and Market and got off at the York-Dauphin station at 7:47 p.m.

Police had released the video unblurred hoping someone would recognize them to get the kids professional help.

"We want to get them help. This is not the kind of case where at 6 a.m. someday we're going to be busting down a door and dragging them out in little handcuffs. It's just not going to happen. We want to get help for them," SEPTA Police Chief Thomas Nestel said.

After airing the video on Action News, Nestel said tips began to come into police.

SEPTA police did visit the two families involved in the video.

Both say some of the kids are being treated for Attention Deficit Disorder.

Perez blames the person videotaping the kids for egging them on.

"They don't put that on the news when he's calling the kids monkey and all that, that's racist," Perez said.

But he says he's not surprised with some of the foul language the kids were using.

"You know, they're not kids with silver spoons. All they hear is curse words from inside a house through the whole street and everything and then seeing this stranger started enticing them and recording them, getting a kick off of seeing little kids being kids," Perez said.

Still, Rivera says she feels awful.

"And I just want to apologize to everybody that seen that video. I want to apologize to the man that went through that," Rivera said.

Action News has reached out to the man who shot the video, but he has not responded as of yet.

Though SEPTA police have interviewed the children and their parents, this remains an ongoing investigation.

2. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    1st why weren't the parents or an adult supervisor riding the train with the kids aren't the kids too young to ride by themselves? Look the parents know their kids are hood lol. I remember being a teacher and talking to parents about their kids bad behavior and they tried to act surprised when I told them about their kids. I had to tell one parent you know your child does this at home don't act surprised they just nodded their head lol. If they do this in the street full of strangers you know they will do it in the house in front of their parents. "Monkey" or not my mother would of beat my a*** just for embarrassing her on tv. I remember being late for the bus in grade school and a curse word slipped out my mouth; my mother slapped the pi** out of me. I dont curse in fornt of her still to this day. Im surprised the children were not arrested. I wonder how their school grades and school behavior are?

itsumoconfused, alton and grownman dapped this.
  3. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    "I remember being late for the bus in grade school and a curse word slipped out my mouth; my mother slapped the pi** out of me. I dont curse in fornt of her still to this day."

When I was 11yo, apparently I slipped up and said ass in front of my mother. Quite frankly, I don't remember any details. I don't remember sayin' ass, I don't remember the subsequent repercussion, I don't even remember being a "curser" among my friends at the time. All I remember is being in the car, so that must have been a Slap Heard 'round the World that my mother gave me to wipe my memory totally clean of the incident. smh. LOL

4. itsumoconfused

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I'm still trying to figure out how to get my students to go home from school instead of hanging out at the dang on corner stores so they don't get in trouble for stupidity.

mojoreece dapped this.
  5. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    I was finally able to view the video and I have to say unfortunately that this isn't that unusual to me.

As much of a grade A professional abusive a@@hole that my father was, I was disciplined and knew how to behave.
    My Mother never once raised a hand to me, she only ever had to raise a displeased eyebrow and that was all the silent check I needed.
    Outside of the home and not under their eyes, I was the same kid with the same self control and self discipline.

In another post I spoke about one time being in a mentorship program through my job that dealt with kids from overwhelmingly single parent, economically disadvantaged homes.
    All the mentors and mentees, some who had never left their block or boro, went to an upstate retreat and it was 24 hours of sleep deprived heck trying to keep the destructive wildlings in line.
    Being out of their comfort zone onto something new brought out the worst in the kids but with the exception of one irresponsible adult, we all were of of one mind and kept up and on them.

Parenting is a 24/7 day a week job that takes full time, effort and energy.
    My Father used a lot of curse words in between every other word in the home but I knew not to and he wouldn't have made an excuse for it if someone came to him and I had.

On the other hand we don't know what was done or said to set the kids off. It still wouldn't make it right but further insight couldn't hurt.

There was an adult with them but based on what little you see of her, I can't tell if she wasn't trying hard enough or just wasn't successful at reigning them in.