Best Posts in Thread: Lakeith Stanfield posts and swiftly deletes homophobic video from social media

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Anyone excusing this is purposely giving him a pass because of superficial reasons (ie: he's cute, or they like his character on "Atlanta"). I don't know of many rappers in 2018 who are spouting lyrics like these...and the rare ones that do get backlash from them, as should Lakeith Stanfield.

We can't sit here and give shit to Joy Reid, Roland Martin and Isaiah Washington and give a dude like this a pass. ESPECIALLY when, as other have already stated, Lakeith knew that what he was posting would be offensive to many of his LGBT fans.

On top of that, the offensive lyrics didn't serve as a comment on bullying or discrimination...it was just a nigga being anti-gay to make himself seem more "manly."

I don't dislike Stanfield in general, so its not me being overly sensitive and biased. I just think, like so many models/actors/personal trainers on social media, we see their public image and forget that they are regular people too...regular people who can easily be as homophobic as anyone you meet on the street. Especially in the Black community where the Church indoctrinates judgement and disapproval of others' lives that don't meet ever sliding religious standards.

Juan-Carlos, I-Stay-Woke, Dante and 3 others dapped this.
  2. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    ...but wait though...

This is 95% of most rap music. These weak lyrics were tame as hell.

3. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
  4. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Yo you remember when Puff Daddy had to offer an apology / censor because of the lyric "I got Asian women who change my linens" because of the back lash from the Asian community in NY. Black women were like "what about us...your music degrades us via misogyny?"....

crickets

5. Nick Delmacy

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Notice that artists like these NEVER say anything Anti-Semitic...Even to this day, when ever I hear the 90s song "All About the Benjamins" in clubs or radio, they censor "stack chips like Hebrews" yet Lakeith Stanfield can post this in 2018 and the reaction is "shrugs."

If the "offensive" rap lyrics were about Jews or faux clever lines of being "gassed like Hitler" I guarantee he would have never even posted it in the first place.

6. Artistic Arsonist

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    So you posted a freestyle with offensive homophobic lyrics during Pride month, titled it "Offensive Freestyle", and deleted the post when people got offended. Where do you go from here?