"Letting Go Of 'No Labels'"

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Jaa, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Lately, many have said or implied that they don't label themselves regarding certain personal matters. This seems to occur most often in reference to sexual, like Frank Ocean's ambiguous letter or Jussie Smollett's "If I fall in love with a woman..." Out interview quote, or racial matters like when "nu-blacks" such as Raven-Symone say they don't see color. This writer argues that labels can be powerful and helpful. Excerpts and link to the article below:
    [FRESHLY SERVED] Letting Go Of “No Labels” | Seekers of Unity Love & Equality

grownman dapped this.
  2. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I agree with the essence of what he is saying 1000%. Own your shit and the smell that comes with it, especially when it comes to sexuality. Creating an identification to "safeguard" yourself is a blatant cop out. Live in your truth, not in the pseudo truth you have chosen to create.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  3. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I couldn't agree more. Nothing left to say.

4. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    The whole "no labels" thing gay men particularly those in media is nothing more than a way to weasel out of identifying as a homosexual man. It's a way to try to appease the straight world. Which to me is a fruitless endeavor since those who are homophobic won't accept them anyway.

jpo dapped this.