LGBT is NOT a Synonym for Gay

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by Dante, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Fanon, Jdudre and Winston Smith dapped this.
  2. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I kind of get the sentiment from a John McWhorterish linguistics analysis. That is, all non-heterosexuals being lumped together in an acronym ghetto for cisgender categorical purposes. Diverse sexual groups lumped together = not us straights.

But mostly I just see more crybaby, bougie gay whining in that article. (Twinky "Looking" voice) "Gosh darn it, the gays are SPEEEECIAAAAAAL, we don't want to share spotlights with nobody!" Like when white gay males started throwing shade at transgender folk for getting attention by MSM when LGB became LGBT.

Jdudre dapped this.
  3. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Don't just dump on 'white gay males' with that. Just stroll on over to BGC and see how intolerant so many black gay males are of transgender folks over there. I swear you are more 'radicalized' now lol. What did you do in DC?...*where is that number for homeland security.*

And if anyone should be complaining, it is lesbians who get lumped in with 'gay'-they often have done more for homosexual(see that includes all the gays and lesbians)rights than any other group. The 'G' does predominate over the L,B, and T. though I agree.

You are getting downright 'militant' lol.:franko1:

4. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    How come when black males are assertive, that's being "militant"? I think both @Nick Delmacy and @Ockydub have spoken about the divide between mainstream white gay media/establishment and other LGBT groups. After all, isn't that one of the many reasons for Cypher Avenue to make sure that suppressed voices have an avenue of expression? If you think I'm militant, I can only imagine how you feel about the millenial black youth who thumb their nose as Clinton or the ones running sites like VSB. Even Ock hasn't gone into selling Darth Becky tshirts territory. It's a new age. Black folk are no longer caring about the "pain" of white tears. If that's perceived as militant, so be it.

The behavior of the gay white males that run organizations like HRC, and major news sites like The Advocate is well established. It's a different age. Lesbians are generally more intelligent and organized than gay white males, so they generally give no fucks as they usually have their own thing going. To wit, all the most successful LGBT restaurants in Chicago are usually lesbian owned and run. Transgenders have balls and the bougie gays found out recently that they ain't rolling either in terms of getting their share. Hell, Stonewall is more thanks to transgendered of color, not bougie assed gay white or middle class black gay men.

P.S. I think I've stated before I work in law enforcement. Report all you want, the government already has my prints, DNA and thanks to VA, OPM and Federal government incompetence, the Russians and Chinese already have all my OTHER info lol

Jdudre dapped this.
  5. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    ^^ LOL the 'divide' is one of the reasons I am here. I am more with you than them really_I hate the
    'gay white elite'. I don't mind militant styles, I was one myself. And I agree with most of it all. It is the little bit of 'change' in posting that's all. Ocky is militant but I like his militancy.

And I have more of a claim for where GLBTXYZ are than most cause I was out there with my ass on the line and face uncovered back in the hateful eighties so If I have a bit of an attitude re: GLBT rights, I EARNED THAT SHIT! Try coming out at 16 in 1979 in a working/middle class suburban neighborhood to find real balls dude. I knew that other kids were thrown out of their houses, but I still did it(and got lucky with good parents). That was REALLY hard.

Also lumping all white gays together is exactly what the elite does in regard to POC

And it if you are enjoying 'white tears' you are as bad as the oppressor. It is one thing to not care, to bathe and revel in them reveals you are no better than they are.*if you are enjoying that is*

I do like to go back and forth with you lol. Too bad you are not in Cbus.

People want to end white supremacy, but do some of them the want to become the supremacists themselves? (nobody on here of course, just sayin')

6. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    1. Props for being vanguard circa 1979. Would love to have been a time traveling fly on the wall for THAT conversation with your family.

2. I don't bathe in anyone's tears including my own. But while black hoteps and militant nationalists are assholes as assuredly as powerful, white assholes, the non-white assholes are relatively powerless assholes in the large scheme of things.

3. I would treat you to a beer in CBus when I pass through, but I'm afraid you'd stand me up lol. Usually I'm there for a lot of time during XMas and NYear, so if you want a highly alcoholic egg nog during Winter Solstice (my treat of course) let me know. We can even post a pic for squad members:

[​IMG]

Jdudre dapped this.
  7. Fanon

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    In a single word: yes.

I have friends and acquaintances that are the other letters in the acronym and most would tell you that they feel their issues don't get talked about enough and when they do...

a) it's almost always coming out the mouth of a gay man.
    Which (for the lack of a better word) "taints" the message because gay men don't have the experiences of bisexuals, lesbians, transgender men/women, etc.

I've seen gay writers, activists, social commentators, etc. write/speak about the problems and concerns of the aforementioned groups and completely miss the mark because of their lack of agency and then try to defend their overly-inflated egos when someone corrects them. Something I learned the hard way on Tumblr (and for those who know, the SJWs don't play lol).

I tell you they let my ass up like a swarm of fucking bees. Lol
    [​IMG]

I'm not saying that gay men shouldn't speak on and support LBT+ issues but that we should remember we aren't the spokesperson for the entire LGBT community and know when and when not to speak. Something a lot of "white allies" can take note of...:kermit:

b) only one LBT+ issue is addressed.
    Back when North Carolina lost it's mind and tried to pass that anti-trans bathroom bill, everyone focused on that and began to neglect (and this is my opinion) more important issues like trans women being murdered and the mistreatment some of them endure in correctional facilities.

But this is in-part due to reason A.

As I've stated in another thread, I think the only solution is for lesbians, bisexuals, transgenders, etc. to continue making spaces for themselves and their concerns to be heard...and for gay men to listen.

*hops off soapbox*

Jdudre and Winston Smith dapped this.
  8. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    LOL I would show up(near Xmas so I have time to lose some weight and let this thryoid hormone do it's business lol) but I did not overlook the shade you threw at casting me as the a@@hole Mel Gibson while you get to be a hot Danny Glover LOL. *I always thought he was hot*

The 1979 scene did involve drama-my mom just kept repeating loudly "It's just a phase, It's just a phase" while my dad went out the front door crying(I had never seen my dad cry before). I can laugh at it now, but it was not a lot of fun back then. Plus they talked me into keeping it 'secret' until I turned 18 and out of school. I did not tell my brothers and friends until 1981. Of course my gay-ass best friend at the time was also in the closet, and one girl friend was also bisexual(lipstick type if that applies to bi women).

I do agree about the power thing.

The reason this site is mostly unmolested is because the black gays who are opposed to it do not have the power to take it down. If the White Gay Elite were to show up, I think they could take the site down(and get very dirty in the endeavor to do so, since they would be 'white knighting'(no pun) for the black gays in opposition and would feel they could get dirty and nasty as they could justify it as being in the best interest of black gays/the other black gays who do not like the site). They would have Nick and Ocky's pics, info, etc all over the net if they wanted to and could provide ceaseless REAL harassment that would make BGC antics look like child's play. JMHO.

I guess in this case it is a good thing the Gay Elite really don't appear to care about black gays except to just talk about PC crap without accompanying it with any real actions, or they just ignore black gays entirely. A blessing in disguise maybe.

Jdudre dapped this.
  9. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I know the first part is shade is directed at me smh hehehe.
    :wtb::troll:

Allies should give each other breaks ya know-neither one of us are perfect, right? And there are not that many times when I am going to 'not speak'(but there are at least some serious things that yes, I will refrain form commenting on). Sometimes we do need reminders as a whole though I will admit.

*Also I think many white gays would not have to speak for other parts of the LGBT etc. if those other groups put themselves out there and got their own message across a bit more. When dealing with things like this, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. JMHO

About that North Carolina thing, it would not surprise me the least if that was intentionally planned. Before that, what were the 'OMG think of the values of the country and the children! the children' crowd were attacking and getting their smelling salts for?-gay marriage-they were all in an uproar. With the 'bathroom' stuff taking center stage, fewer people are talking about same sex marriage, and as same sex marriage is not debated or talked about as much and just exists, it becomes more accepted and the status quo-it becomes 'normalized' and harder to reverse the longer it is and is not the center of opposition.

#9 ColumbusGuy, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  10. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    You always read more into stuff than I intend. I just thought Lethal Weapon pic was funny, didn't think at all about Gibson's politics and personalities.

I have no idea what BGC is, and I'm afraid to look...

So, you're saying there IS a gay mafia out there? If they tried to take this site down they'd probably get more than they bargained for lol[​IMG]

11. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I was joking about the pic(except for the Danny Glover hotness).

And yeah, if the Gay Elite took on this site, they would attack it(and it's founders) in every way possible-they would not even have to justify it-the black gays who hate this site would do that for them. Never underestimate the power of the White Gay Elite if it gets pissed off. And I think they would 'justify' things because they would have black gay men helping them and telling them that they are doing the right thing. Nothing would be off limits-jobs, relatives, attacks/hacks on the site, getting member info and spilling it all over the net and confronting members in real life, protesting at their jobs, homes, etc.(or getting the black gays who hate the site to do the dirty work).

They would feel they have the 'moral high ground' because of the feedback they would get from the black gays who hate the site. And they could get feminists involved as well. People with that 'moral high ground' thing in their heads can be very dangerous-seeing everything in black and white with no gray. Again JMHO.

OckyDub dapped this.
  12. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Lol let 'em bring it on
    [​IMG]

OckyDub dapped this.
  13. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Oh they won't-they just don't care about a black site meant for a certain segment of black gay men and anyone who agrees with them, admires them, supports them, etc. This site is not on their radar so it won't matter. And absolutely no disrespect was intended on the ability of Nick, Ocky, site members, etc to fight back fiercely if needed. More just trying to point out how ruthless the Elite can be if they feel all 'righteous' and stuff about something and get their feathers all ruffled.

OckyDub dapped this.
  14. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I'm sure Nick and Ock could tell us all kinds of background shit if they were so inclined. I'm just playing a bit, but seriously, I fucking fear no one. Not that I'm courageous, I just realize everyone else ain't all that, either. It's like when all the hoteps start talking about the power of Voodoo or some Africentric spiritual hex-mumbo-jumbo. If any of that religious/God-power shit was real, the slave trade would never have taken hold. LOL

The "gay mafia" ain't got nothing on Peter Thiel. Nick Denton learned that shit real quick. He thought he could pull that gay mafia shit on Thiel, outing Thiel. Theil made the British poof go POOF!! lol

Jdudre dapped this.
  15. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Well I don't know if Ocky or Nick has dealt with any angry white gay elite members or the dreaded white female feminists. It is just a fact that they have more money, power, experience, and numbers than any black gay group and could cause a lot of trouble. And the more of them in a group, the more likely there are more extremists who would have no problem playing very dirty, even if done anonymously or (just barely) legally. Ocky and Nick are just regular guys and do not have the $$$ or power of Thiel-to shell out ten million dollars to fund the lawsuits of others against Gawker.

But I don't think the Gay(mostly white) Elite really cares about a black gay site like this.

16. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    This conversation is why I stay in my room all the time. I can't stand grandstanding

17. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I don't get it. What is the grandstanding?

18. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    No this is why you MUST come out of your room. Push all us old checker playing mofos off the stoop. You can tell when it's a slow work day for us. Seriously, what's your take on the topic? You're the up and coming world leaders, your opinion means more.

OckyDub dapped this.
  19. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I went in to work for training...and was promptly told it had been moved to Thursday. so right back home and I can either waste time or clean or work outside. I will clean tomorrow and it was in the 90's again so here I am. It probably was something about me since I tend to stick my foot in my mouth apparently much more than you and we are the main contributors in this derailed thread. *sigh* But yeah let's hear it.

20. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Its grandstanding because there's enough room for everyone the world is big enough for all these ppl but because they are so scared to losing they can't see that.
    It's like this thing I've been going through I was so wrapped up in it I didn't see the things that was happening to me or what it was doing to ppl around me

21. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I get the message in the article. However, for me, at the end of the day:

1. Lesbians are females, but they are fraternal to gay men due to being sexually attracted to the same gender.

2. Bisexuals may be attracted to the opposite gender. However, the straight folks don't care for the "other side" and will not think twice to treat the "go both ways" people like a stepchild or foster child. Like racists, if you are bi racial (anything mixed with white), yous stills a nigga.

3. The straight folks feel that Transgendered people are mutantly messing up the male/female dynamic, as how they feel with lesbians and bisexuals and the Gays.

We can blame "the Gays" for being Beyonce, while making L feel like Kelly, and the B and T feel like the other chicks in LGBT's Child. Nonetheless, straight folks (the ignorant ones) still believe that birds of a feather flock together, so we are all in the same family.

22. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Oh Ok I apologize for misunderstanding where you were coming from. I have just been saying stupid stuff lately (IRL also) so I am a bit paranoid about maybe saying dumb stuff.

23. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    While I agree...they do have large influence in the Black community; which is where the damage is done.

Jdudre dapped this.
  24. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    First of thank you for considering me an up and coming anything secondly my take is that it doesn't matter the old rules don't apply anymore as much as we would like them too the world is changing at such a rapid pace that before long it want be the same. Its like for so long a lot of us saw being gay as one thing but as we get closer we see it's not you can be gay in different what just like being black, white or whatever a person is society is changing pretty soon we will have a global internet system followed by transportation people will be able to move and talk to each other ideas will flow more rapidly I say this all the time but it's like during the time when ferguson was happening and you had ppl from the Middle East telling protesters in America how to fight the effects of tear gas. The game has changed its neither checkers or chess or any other games will work because ppl will simply stop playing, get board and move on. I hope that this all make since and it's what you're looking for

Winston Smith dapped this.
  25. Jdudre

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I do that all the time both IRL and on here but I don't take my self to seriously am just fool

26. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    No no no...liberal white gay elites would not touch this site directly. They would get Black gay queer feminist WHO WOULD VOLUNTEER to do the work for them.

Hasn't George Soros and Hillary Clinton taught yall anything?

Winston Smith and Jdudre dapped this.
  27. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    [​IMG]

28. Fanon

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ...directed at YOU. Lol

I never implied that they shouldn't. Just that an ally (of any sort) should know their place in a movement. We live in a world where, although everyone's entitled to an opinion, not everyone's opinion is equally valid. The kind of "white ally" I was referring to was the kind that put their nose into the intra-racial matters of the African-American community. In my opinion, that's not a true white ally. A true white ally is personified in Jane Eliott and more recently Megan Rapinoe (who's actions the media seems to be paying dust).

I agree. That's primarily our responsibility to voice our concerns for reasons I've already stated.

I see. Perhaps the "gay elite," who have complete control of the LGBT+ narrative saw this as the next big thing to rally behind. All I know is, that the T-girls and T-boys were whipping their dicks out and squatting in the restrooms they felt they belonged in LONG begore the whole debate about trans accessibility to gender-specific bathrooms. LMFAO

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  29. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    ^^ that is why I put the 'lebron troll smiley'-I really did not think it was... but that was a good comeback anyway and I enjoyed it.

Fanon dapped this.