Lifelong Friends

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by acessential, Dec 8, 2015.

1. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    What is/are your longest friendship(s)? I'm not talking about Facebook friends. You don't have to talk everyday, but I consider a friend someone you can hit up out of the blue and talk like nothing changed or who you would not feel awkward about hanging out with one-on-one.

My childhood best friend and I haven't talked in months. I just see his updates on Facebook and he sees mine. But I know that if I returned to my hometown and hit him up out of the blue, he wouldn't hesitant to come see me and we'd talk like nothing changed. I've known him since we were six, so I guess my longest friendship is 18 years.

Other than that, I have a friend from middle school I still hit up. (11 years) Friend from high school (10 years). And a couple of college friends who I haven't known for as long, but I can tell our friendship is a lot deeper than ones I've had in the past. (7 years)

What say you?

keith, grownman and DreG dapped this.
  2. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    My longest friendship is with a chick from 8th grade.We can go months without talking,but I do the same thing with my brother,and just like with him ou relationship is always just as strong whenever i see her.I love that girl like family.

Another long time friend is someone I met when I was 14.We've always had a good vibe.I can talk to her about anything.She's the person I feel most comfortable talking to about anything.She was there for me in the worst period of my life and was always supportive,and still is whenever I bring up that period or feel any residual issues from it.

I have one more friend that I made when I was 15.He was always outta the country so we mostly talked online,but he's another who was there for me in the aforementioned dark period.That dude is awesome.

Nigerian Prince and acessential dapped this.
  3. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3

Daps Received:
    14 yrs strong

Nigerian Prince, acessential and DreG dapped this.
  4. Rah Brown

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    My longest and strongest friendship is almost 10 years strong. We actually still live in the same area we grew up in, so we see each other every other day. When we first met we didn't even like each other.

5. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I didn't forge deep relationships until I became adult. So, having said that my first "best friend" I met at his father's church. That was about 13 years ago-we had a blow up, which I started. He called me out of the blue. He got my number from my cousin because we all hung out together. We talked like nothing happened . But, I did apologize to him because I was the cause of most if it.
    We have been friends for 13 years.

acessential and DreG dapped this.
  6. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Lost touch w high school friends after I moved to Atlanta. Became better friends with some dudes I barely talked to back then, after they also moved to Atlanta.

But longest friendships I've had is prob 19 years. Freshman year of college. All str8 dudes. Still cool with them.

7. Nigerian Prince

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Longest friendships are with 3 straight men (a Nigerian, an Indian & an Iranian/Scottish) from 5th grade. We don't talk everyday but we can talk about ANYTHING. One of them knows I am gay but I will eventually tell the other two.

Of course my best friendship is a 26 year long one with my (gay) twin brother lol.

OhSheit, Infinite_loop and DreG dapped this.
  8. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    It would have to be my friend Tyra, who I've known since 10th grade.

DreG dapped this.
  9. redsai84

redsai84 For the night is dark and full of terrors.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    my 3 close friends from high school we still talk/text almost everyday and hang out so its been about...13 yr maybe longer...damn going miss them when i move :damn:

Rah Brown and DreG dapped this.
  10. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    My H.S. best friend and we've been going 9 years strong. Haven't seen her since April but we're linking up this Saturday like it's nothing.

I've lost some childhood friends that eventually moved away and we lost contact. I later found out that the one I was the closest to is now gay, so that was bummer.

Rah Brown and DreG dapped this.
  11. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    I've moved around a lot lol closest friendship right is college buddies 4 years lol. I am also really close to my siblings and (less so) my cousins; they are the only invariant.
    Had 4 H.S. best friends, lost touch when I moved here...bummer...

grownman and DreG dapped this.
  12. grownman

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    I didn't know we could include family. My cousin and I are tight since we were kids. I am about 4yrs older than him.

13. Daniel Hanson

Daniel Hanson Sapiosexual

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    My longest friendship will be with these 2 dudes I've known and grew up with (15 years). Very tight trio but that wasn't anymore after high school. I became somewhat too 'hiphop', one became too 'ghetto' (like too ghetto lol) and the other was just too formal and stiff. We kinda just don't click anymore... Not a nice story for longest friendship.

But! my closest friends, a boy and a girl both from my junior high (we were almost strangers then). Been friends with them for about 8 years now and they're the best hearts a person can be blessed with these days. We have very non-similar interests and tastes but we've been able to enjoy ourselves for who we are. 3 years into our friendship, i came out to them (separately of course) and their support has been awesome. They do not exactly like it that I am bisexual (I hold nothing against them. The stereotype in Ghana is thick) but they have never been judgmental. They even tried to help me (I don't know if they think its some kind of disease i caught lol) but i understand them. They just want me to be 'fine'.

And my ex girlfriend from high school ... still keeps it a hunnid when i need her.

From my experience, longevity really doesn't mean much without depth.

grownman dapped this.
  14. Discordant

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Longest friendship is with my best friend (straight) for 16 years. He was the first person I came out to in high school to which his response was something along the lines of "can you send the b*****es who like you my way, then?" We go through random periods of not talking to each other because of life, but it's always like we pick up where our last conversation left off. I actually recently found out he was secretly beating people up for me in high school if they spread the rumor I was gay (I was only officially out to him, my dad, and the guy who strung me along.) Explains why folks were kind of scared of me even though I was niceish in high school.

Daniel Hanson, OhSheit and acessential dapped this.
  15. acessential

Squad Leader Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    That is actually one of the nicest things ever. lol.

Daniel Hanson and Discordant dapped this.
  16. Dante

Dante https://www.gofundme.com/qv7v5dw
    The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Indeed it is.

17. Discordant

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Yeah, he's a good guy and an excellent friend lol.

18. keith

keith Squad Member

Daps Received:
    My longest friendships at this point are in the 20 year mark. The friends I am referring to don't see each other every day, week or month but whenever we are close it's that warm, comfortable feeling and time seems like it stopped at the last point we were together. They are my family...