Lil Kim: Colorism, Self Hate, White Culture Appropriation?

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Apr 25, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Lil Kim: Colorism? Self Hate? White Culture Appropriation? Thoughts?

2. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    The changes she's gone through definitely seem like colorism mixed with self hatred.
    To voluntarily go from this to that, where she doesn't even look human anymore seems like a serious disconnect with reality.
    She should have stopped at going up a cup size or two.
    I know I'm far from being anywhere near physically perfect but when I look in the mirror I like what I see and couldn't imagine altering my "imperfections" for any reason.
    Bit of she thinks she's happy, Mazel!
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  3. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Well only she knows why she is doing it, but damn she looks like a blonde white girl in the first pics and is unrecognizable.

* I do get a little tired of the word 'appropriation'. We all have borrowed from other cultures throughout history or we would never have grown. There is influence and use that is not necessarily some cultural appropriation. I doubt most (sane) whites really give a shit about what she has done to herself-her money and life. I guess I can understand how blacks might see this as self-hatred since she does look white, and this society has undervalued 'looking black'(a huge understatement I know).

Maybe she is going through a midlife crisis? who knows. The only thing I wonder about is how many pounds of makeup she has on?-most women seem to be overdoing it in that area imo.

#3 ColumbusGuy, Apr 25, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    ControlledXaos dapped this.
  4. Champagne Papi

Champagne Papi is a Featured MemberChampagne Papi side-n*gga paralegal
    Most Comedic Player The 1000 Daps Club Best Gifs

Daps Received:
  5. @yahoo.com

@yahoo.com When the lights get low, I Burn Brighter.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    She is the female Michael Jackson without the talent, fan base, money, sense, musical sense of what works and what does not and international fame. They do see eye to eye as both of them had/ has an eff-ed up perception of self and a horrible plastic surgeon. And many may not know this but she is technically a midget. oh, I'm sorry, little person. Ugh. I even hate to hear her speak now. She is a MESS!

Cyrus-Brooks and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  6. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    This shyt right here...

7. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Kim was f#$kin gorgeous up until Notorious Kim which is when all this "Black Barbie" shit started comin into play. I don't know what kind of deep seated insecurities she had/has, but I hate that she has become a virtual parody of her former self. I hate that muhf@kaz be clownin her in pics, I hate that she's deserving of the clownage for what she did to herself, and I hate that there's no turning back from this bullshit!

[​IMG]

As for Michael, I learned a little bit of where some of the insecurities that sparked his skin color change may have come from. I had no idea he was in such competition with Prince. There was a point where Prince, who was virtually a nobody in the very early 80's, where Michael had already garnered worldwide acclaim, was surpassing him in fame, record sales, notoriety, etc. The media of course purposely fostered the "competition". Prince was better looking, edgier, sexier, he was his own man so-to-speak and not an industry puppet, and he was LIGHT SKINNED. So I suppose Micheal felt he had to drastically change his look (his metamorphosis really started around the time of BAD, at the point where Prince was pretty much solidified) to compete/ compare with that of Prince and be seen as acceptable to the Public Eye.

8. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Lil Kim used to be cute back in the day. Now she looks like a Japanese sex doll. It's definitely colorism and self hate. As others have stated blackness, and black features especially for black women are berated by the dominant culture. This is one area that I do think black women have it much harder than black men. What's really fucked up is many black men participate in degrading black women's beauty and femininity as well.

9. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    When people talk about Lil KIm looks dont forget the men in her life that considered her that her dark skin and African looks were ugly. They forget how bad BIGGIE Smalls treated her as a side piece and choice to marry a light skin Faith Evans over her. Biggies mother alluded to this in an interview once. Or how she was in physically and mentality abusive in relationships. One of the reason for one of here nose jobs and face job was because her ex-boyfriend severely broke her nose. Also look at how Birdman and nim copied lil kim's to make Nicki Manij. All this has to be damaging to her ego and self esteem. I really feel sorry for her.

10. SB3

Daps Received:
    All irrelevant when it comes to a 40 y/o woman. #norespect

OckyDub, alton and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  11. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I would totally have to disagree with you cant talk about her being 40 years old without dealing with the all bull she had to go through in her early life. Its the very reason why she looks the way she does now. She was a girls raised by the streets it made her into the women she is now both the good and the bad. I mean her literal physical appearance is the epitome of all her pain and self hate.

acessential dapped this.
  12. alton

Daps Received:
    You can't rightfully dismiss it as irrelevant, bro. Its not like she did all this to herself when she turned 40 (or however old she is), this was all gradual shit. @mojoreece has a good point, man. One of her biggest qualms with Biggie and Faith was she couldn't figure what Faith had that she didn't. And I'm sure there was a lot more factors that we'll never really know that influenced and fostered her "self hate". I only sympathize because I know all too well what it is to feel "worthless" and "good enough to f#$k but not to boo up". I don't condone her change (for whatever reason she did it. We can speculate 'til the cows come home, but in the end only she knows why she ravaged her face so) because I couldn't see myself altering my appearance so drastically, but I can definitely understand the factors that may have worn her self esteem down over the years and led her to this point.

acessential, I-Stay-Woke and mojoreece dapped this.
  13. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Drastic plastic surgery rarely even works on anyone. They end up looking horrible or unrecognizable or they have that fake plastic surgery 'look'-you know where their face is just not right. At her age and with all the surgery I wonder what she really looks like, without the special filters and lighting and TONS of makeup. What does she look and see when she looks in the mirror? Hell it is hard enough getting older and seeing that older person in the mirror-what does she see in the morning now?

14. SB3

Daps Received:
    BS! She is a grown azz woman. Dont give her passes cus she is an icon to many gays! If this was Chris Rock bleached out we'd all be saying, 'wtf'. She looks ridiculous. 0 respect! Ppl said mean things to me too over the years. I grew up like the rest of the world.

alton and Tyroc dapped this.
  15. alton

Daps Received:
    I don't think anyone is giving her a pass, Bro. At least I know I'M not. I fully recognize, and have for quite some time now, the utter ridiculousness that is Lil Kim nowadays. I'm just saying, it doesn't hurt to try and understand what factors led to the circus show. Not everyone is as strong or thick skinned so it's a little f#$ked up to just dismiss it as "b!tch shoulda just shrugged it off and grown up". Just my opinion, Bro.

acessential, I-Stay-Woke and mojoreece dapped this.
  16. SB3

Daps Received:
    U are, without a doubt, 1 of the most stoic/idgaf members here. So why do u all of a sudden have a soft spot for a brown skinned 20 y/o who became a white 40 y/o? Lil Kim gets 0/ZERO/ZILCH sympathy or empathy, and she looks ridiculous.

alton dapped this.
  17. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    She has taken it so far-she looks Swedish or something!

18. alton

Daps Received:
    LOL Despite all my asshole-ness. I do sympathize with 'the underdog" because again, I know very well how it feels to have very low self esteem and to feel lonely/unwanted/ worthless. I feel that way on a daily basis. We gonna have to agree to disagree on that in regard to Kim's metamorphosis. We can both obviously agree that she looks like an Asian version of the doll from The Boy, but as far as what got her there, we just have difference stances on how many fucks we give about it. No love lost from this end, you still my "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" nukka LOL

acessential, Tyroc and SB3 dapped this.
  19. SB3

Daps Received:
    Like I said, if u skip ur basket weaving class 1 night n come get a drank or 10 w us down to the bar...

Tyroc and alton dapped this.
  20. alton

Daps Received:
    LMFAO "Down to the Bar". That always makes me laugh when someone puts..."down to the..." in front of a place.

21. SB3

Daps Received:
    Yes! Im a masculine mofo who lowkey watches funky dineva. Dont tell @Nick Delmacy or @Ockydub. They try to drag me whenever they get the chance.

alton dapped this.
  22. alton

Daps Received:
    ME TOO!!! That's where I learned it from LMAO!!!!

SB3 dapped this.
  23. SB3

Daps Received:
    At least they treat u decent. They look for any reason to 'sharkisha no' me

alton dapped this.
  24. alton

Daps Received:
    Eh...I'm treated like the kid in class that nobody really cares for, but also has no real "presence" and doesn't start no sh!t so nobody really pays him any attention. LOL I take what I can get.

25. SB3

Daps Received:
    Meanwhile, im the resident peace maker! Im the CA Ghandi...but I get no love, like rodney dangerfield

26. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    ^^ you both are liked on here. I don't know what you guys are talking about.

Peacemaker? Peace? yeah it is nice and peaceful in here today. Time to go start a political thread about the primaries today!
    :bronbad:

Tyroc dapped this.
  27. SB3

Daps Received:
    Yea, basket weaving class > meeting @questforknowledge n i down to the bar will do that...

28. alton

Daps Received:
    I'm {possibly} liked by you, @SB3 @Tyroc , and at times @ControlledXaos (even tho Xaos paid me grave dust on that chat thread LOL). @Ockydub will show me some love er' now and again but the rest of CA be showin me pure...
    upload_2016-4-26_15-59-30.jpeg

LOL

#28 alton, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    Cyrus-Brooks, Tyroc and SB3 dapped this.
  29. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Maybe you need to post a smiling pic? LOL! Seriously though, why not go have a drink with those two? Just so @SB3 will never say 'basket weaving class' again cause now I imagine you have a cramped NYC apartment full of damn baskets. And He and @Tyroc have bodies of their victims dissolved in acid.

30. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Say whet naw? What chat thread?

Man if you don't sit down somewhea again. You one of the coolest peeps on this boardt.

Tyroc and SB3 dapped this.
  31. SB3

Daps Received:
    When he aint postponing due to basket weavingclass...

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  32. SB3

Daps Received:
    I done told him how I got the hookups...crickets...even @questforknowledge cheap azz (u a dr but don't wana tip) gets down to the bar

33. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    I got mad love for both my NYC dudes!
    You have a sense of humor like no other and you speak how you feel for those reasons alone I hold you in high esteem.

ColumbusGuy and alton dapped this.
  34. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    He is a DOCTOR but does not want to tip? You are joking right? That is a DEAL BREAKER! no matter what! I will watch like hell(well I used to) when out with someone to see how they treat the servers, etc. and tipping is huge. I always overtip or don't and talk to someone about it if it is that bad-(and never go back). And my ass is poor and If I can't afford to leave a decent tip then I keep my ass out of the restaurant and eat at home or fast food.

This is such a pet peeve of mine! People order 50 bucks of food but can't leave a tip- if dimwits can afford 50 for food they can afford 40 for food and ten for a tip!!!! Treating any service people badly(unless it is an exception we all have our off days-but not on a date) is HUGE! red lights and siren huge.

Alton also seems to be able to get in disagreements on subjects but not hold grudges and all and take it all personally(I am trying to be more like this) which is a very good quality on a board like this. He has strong opinions but can handle the discussion without getting all butthurt(sometimes that is hard to do lol) and also does not get messy-you can tell he does not like the mess in person either. And I relate to the work stuff to. One of the things I did not like about working in an office-it seems worse in an office.

alton dapped this.
  35. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Everything about this thread (Lil Kim Worship & History Lessons, Existence of Colorism, Funky Dineva fandom, Low Self Worth) got me like:

[​IMG]

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.