Local officer resigns after making up coffee cup incident

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Jan 2, 2020.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    This was all over the news when the story broke...funny how few reported on the update. I also like how McDonald's didn't outright call him a liar but told folk to 'read between the lines' with their statement about video evidence. The lying cop didn't think McDonald's would show receipts? Idiot

:foxxxy:

[​IMG]

JUNCTION CITY, Kan. (KSNT) – In a joint press conference with McDonald’s Monday night, Herington’s police chief said the coffee cup incident was a hoax.

Chief Brian Hornaday said McDonald’s didn’t have anything to do with writing obscenities on an officer’s coffee, and that it was “fabricated by a police officer no longer employed with the agency.”

“Now, this is absolutely a black eye on law enforcement,” Hornaday said. “I truly hope that the former officer of the Herington Police Department that did this, I hope he understands the magnitude of the black eye that this gives the law enforcement profession from coast to coast. None of us can be excluded from that.”

The officer, who won’t be identified since it is a “personnel matter,” told the chief it was meant to be a joke. Hornaday said the 23-year-old officer was with the department for two months, lives in Junction City and previously served in the U.S. Army as a military police officer for five years.

Chief: Local officer resigns after making up coffee cup incident

Nick Delmacy dapped this.