London is fucking burning! Theresa May edition

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by NikR, Jun 9, 2017.

1. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    What the fuck is wrong with politics these days? Like, it's seriously entertaining, but holy shit!!!

Like...how and why would Theresa May so seriously miscalculate and get reduced from a majority to a minority government? And this is after she saw David Cameron resign after the dumb as bricks Brexit vote!!!

Own goals are always fun, especially when against hilariously inept opposition (um... Uncle Jeremy anyone? Really Labour? Really?).

I present to you:

b85eO complete disaster.gif

What y'all think?

@BlackguyExecutive @Rico @jpo @ColumbusGuy

Mendizi dapped this.
  2. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I have been watching the coverage of what is certainly one of the biggest miscalculations in political history. From what I am hearing from friends and colleagues in the UK, people are legitimately shocked because the polls were wrong. In many ways, I think this is an overcorrection because people in the west see authoritarianism and nationalism surging and are trying to correct for that and push some of that back. We saw in France a solid rejection of their nationalist party, now the conservatives in the UK are feeling pressure particularly in the post-Brexit and Trump era. Teresa May wanted a mandate and what she got was a rebuke of the Tories and their governing abilities. I also think we you try and take too much power people reject that....look at Trump now, he wanted to ban Muslims and deport thousands (which HE IS DOING btw) and demand loyalty and such, people reject that kind of hubris.

NikR and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  3. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    ^^This pretty much. I also think Brexit will continue as planned.

NikR dapped this.
  4. Mendizi

Mendizi Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Brexit will go ahead. I am glad that she will not be saying "Strong and Stable Leadership" again. You may want to check out the DUP who she wants to gain support from.

NikR dapped this.
  5. Mendizi

Mendizi Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I so hope we don't have to go through another GE in the Autumn / Fall. She's a dead PM walking. Sadly she will get eaten alive during the negotiations to leave the EU. But that will be a good thing. The British Empire went along time ago and us Brits need to move away from that mentality.

6. Mendizi

Mendizi Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    The DUP are against gay marraige and their supporters hate ethnic minorities. In areas where they are popular they have Confederate Flags and also Nazi Flags. This is the party that Theresa May wants to be part of. We will be screwed when we go into talks with the EU especially after the events of WWII and the past history of the troubles and Northern Ireland.

jpo dapped this.
  7. Mendizi

Mendizi Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    London is not fucking burning by the way. We are all fine! London is not the only place in the United Kingdom as well. Get a map!!!

8. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    When I was in London I didn't talk UK politics much with my young British friend but I def got a sense of how negatively they were feeling about the conservative wave happening. So these election results weren't that surprising to me.

jpo and Mendizi dapped this.
  9. jpo

jpo
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    After listening most of Friday to various programs on the BBC, I was struck by the contempt for young people on the part of Conservative politicians, commentators and bloggers. Young people were characterized as venal, corrupt, stupid, clueless, all because they voted for their self interest. As I listened, I got the sense that what was most offensive about young people in the eyes of Conservatives was that they had the temerity to vote. As the gentry might say, that's not quite tickety-boo, just not done.
    So the question is can a party that disses the future as strongly as the Conservatives do survive?

NikR dapped this.
  10. jpo

jpo
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    They are, after all, the party of Ian Paisley.

Mendizi dapped this.
  11. Mendizi

Mendizi Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    They were noy surprising to most of us too. We knew that the Conservatives would be the largest party. Theresa May gambled on hoping they would have a majority. As you can see this has backfired. We'll have to live with what happens now.

12. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Lol "London is fucking burning...," was simply a thread title dude. Clickbait since peeps often don't like talking or reading about international politics. You clicked. The goal was realized.

I'm well aware that London isn't the only place in the UK. I don't reduce England, Wales, Scotland or NI to "London". After all, what do I say when I tell people about my visits to family in Birmingham, Leicester, outlying London and failed attempts to Swansea (which, *gasp*, is in Wales)? That I went to "London"?! But hey, feel free to send me a physical map- I never turn down useful gifts.

#12 NikR, Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2017