Meek Mill Has Been Released From Prison

Discussion in 'Music and Podcasts' started by Nick Delmacy, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    [​IMG]
    The Pennsylvania Supreme Court ordered that the rapper get bail.

After being incarcerated since November 2017 for violating his probation, the Supreme Court has granted Meek Mill bail.

In a statement to Billboard, Meek said the following: “I’d like to thank God, my family, my friends, my attorneys, my team at Roc Nation including JAY-Z, Desiree Perez, my good friend Michael Rubin, my fans, The Pennsylvania Supreme Court and all my public advocates for their love, support and encouragement during this difficult time," began Meek.

"While the past five months have been a nightmare, the prayers, visits, calls, letters and rallies have helped me stay positive. To the Philadelphia District Attorney’s office, I’m grateful for your commitment to justice -- not only for my case, but for others that have been wrongfully jailed due to police misconduct," he continued.
    [​IMG]
    "Although I’m blessed to have the resources to fight this unjust situation, I understand that many people of color across the country don’t have that luxury and I plan to use my platform to shine a light on those issues. In the meantime, I plan to work closely with my legal team to overturn this unwarranted conviction and look forward to reuniting with my family and resuming my music career.”

Philadelphia 76ers co-owner Michael Rubin posted a picture on Instagram celebrating Meek's release from prison. "@meekmill is FREE!!! Just left visiting Meek with @kevinhart4real and I’m on the way back to pick him up as we speak! #MeekisFree #GoSixers," he wrote.

Last week, Meek Mill told CNN's Don Lemon that he was optimistic that he was going to get out of jail sooner than later. "I don't really try to get my hopes up from that court room right there," Meek said. "I feel like I will be free one day. I think I'll be able to get my chance pretty soon. My time coming."
    [​IMG]

Nigerian Prince, DreG and mojoreece dapped this.
  2. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Meek Mill had an army of outside supporters and celebrities and activist to get him rightfully released from prison. Imagine all those others who should be released but don't have the celebrity, money, or status of Meek Mills. I am glad he is free though. This entire thing was some bullshit.