Meet David Denson: The Only Out Player of Color in Baseball

Discussion in 'Sports and Athletes' started by OckyDub, Apr 27, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

Meet David Denson: The Only Out Player in Baseball. David Denson came out in 2015 and stated:

“Talking with my teammates, they gave me the confidence I needed, coming out to them. They said, ‘You’re still our teammate. You’re still our brother. We kind of had an idea, but your sexuality has nothing to do with your ability. You’re still a ballplayer at the end of the day. We don’t treat you any different. We’ve got your back.’

That was a giant relief for me. I never wanted to feel like I was forcing it on them. It just happened. The outcome was amazing. It was nice to know my teammates see me for who I am, not my sexuality.”
    He became the first Minor League Baseball player to come out publicly as gay while still playing. He was drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 15th round of the 2013 MLB Draft where he signed with Milwaukee for $100,000.

He played for the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers of the Class A Midwest League for most of 2014, where he had a .243 batting average with four home runs and 29 RBIs in 68 games. He began the 2015 season with Wisconsin, and after batting .195 with one home run and eight RBIs in 24 games, he was demoted to the Helena Brewers of the Rookie-level Pioneer League.

With Helena, Denson was selected to play in the Northwest–Pioneer League All-Star Game, where he was honored as the MiLB.com Top Star for the Pioneer League after hitting a pinch hit home run while going 2-for-3 along with two RBIs and two runs scored. In late August, the Brewers promoted Denson back to Wisconsin.

21 yr old Denson is currently with Wisconsin Timber Rattlers.

[​IMG]

References:
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers
    http://www.outsports.com
    David Denson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Read the whole post here.

OhSheit and mojoreece dapped this.
  2. Comment Imported From Main Site

Daps Received:
    He's minor league so the impact will be low if any. I'm just waiting for the day when a masculine guy comes out in the majors or other widely popular pro sports. But he has to be active...post retirement doesn't count unless your were one of the greats like Kobe, Jeter, or MJ. I feel that homosexuality is the sexual orientation, and "gay" is a lifestyle/personality. Gay is like bougie, nerdy, ghetto, etc. Denson's physical appearance post "coming out" is definitely GAY. He appears to have his eyebrows arched and possibly foundation on (or a very good camera/app filter). I'm sure soon after he was in South Beach with a deep V-neck taking pics with Cher and Diana Ross dancing to a Beyoncé routine. Why does the face of homosexual men in general always gotta be effeminate? Well, I guess I sort of know that answer. The masculine ones keep under the radar and blend in well. They're "discreet" and don't want it to be publicly known outside of a small circle. I'm just waiting for the day someone comes out and says he likes guys with no fux given and he doesn't change his personality. But either way I'm happy that he's living his life uninhibited. [​IMG]

3. Comment Imported From Main Site

Daps Received:
    ^^^ You're just stupid, aren't you.

4. Comment Imported From Main Site

Daps Received:
    Tuquan, with just the two photos in this article, you've attacked the man for not "seemingly" being masculine enough, and having a high enough baseball status for his coming out to matter. Simply put, in your opinon, only a hypermasculine national athletic celebrity coming out would be meaningful.

OckyDub dapped this.
  5. Rick

Rick Lurker

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    I think its cool that he came out Minor League Baseball or not, what we need is more black gay people out all over to show that we out there doing everything. What you doing is cutting down a dude for a few picture, and making judgements about him. why not go the other route and give a dude props for doing his thing and being who he is. instead of attacking and putting him down for what you think is him not being "Masculine enough" to come out.

alton and OckyDub dapped this.