Moonlight

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by cuspofbeauty, Aug 11, 2016.

1. cuspofbeauty

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Not looking
    [​IMG]
    “Moonlight”

A24

A24 has released more than its fair share of notable films during its brief existence so far. Just this year alone, they’ve released “The Lobster,” “Green Room” and “The Witch, all of which have been widely acclaimed. But their latest film “Moonlight” represents a first for the young studio. Writer/director/producerBarry Jenkins’ upcoming drama marks the company’s first in-studio production alongside Plan B Productions, with Brad Pitt onboard as executive producer. Check out the first trailer below.

READ MORE: New Classics: Barry Jenkins’ ‘Medicine for Melancholy’

Based on the play “In Moonlight Black Boys Look Blue” by Tarell Alvin McCraney, the film tells the life story of a young man named Chiron (Trevante Rhodes) via three defining chapters of his life. Set in the 1980’s Miami during the height of Reagan’s War on Drugs, “Moonlight” follows Chiron as he comes of age, falls in love and discovers his own sexuality, all while learning to embrace his own vision of masculinity as characters float in and out of his life. The ensemble cast includes Naomie Harris (“Spectre”), André Holland (“The Knick”), Mahershala Ali (“The Curious Case of Benjamin Button”), Edson Jean (“War Dogs”), and soul/R&B singer Janelle Monaé in her debut film performance.

READ MORE: ‘Morris from America’ Exclusive Clip: Watch the Film’s Young Star Lay on the Charm

“Moonlight” will have its world premiere at this year’s Toronto International Film Festival. It will also screen at the New York Film Festival a month later. A24 will then release the film in theaters on October 21st.

Tyroc, mojoreece, Lancer and 3 others dapped this.
  2. JNH412

JNH412 I'm everywhere | I'm hard to find
    Bae Material The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I cant even watch this trailer anymore... This sh*t started giving me flashbacks... Smh... Hit wayyy too close to home... Looks like they got it right...

SB3, acessential and cuspofbeauty dapped this.
  3. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Oh I love this and cannot wait to see it!