MOVIES Donald Glover's First Reaction to Being Cast as Lando Calrissian

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by OckyDub, Apr 12, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married

Well, aside from the “being cast in a Star Wars movie” bit, that’s out of reach for the vast majority of us. But the rest is a wonderfully endearing anecdote.

Speaking to The Star Wars Show in a new interview today, Glover revealed his first reaction to learning that he’d be playing the young, eyebrow-raising incarnation of everyone’s favorite cape-wearing Baron Administrator:
    The day I found out I got [the part], I remember... I bought like, a whole pizza, and went home and watched Empire Strikes Back.

I challenge literally anyone who’s a regular reader of a website like io9 to say they have not had nights likes this in their lives. I certainly have, I just... well, wasn’t researching my role in an upcoming Star Wars movie. I just wanted both large quantities of pizza and The Empire Strikes Back. Haven’t we all wanted that, at some point?