Mr Trump is an idiot

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by NikR, Jun 9, 2017.

1. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    If you've been asleep for the past 6 months...Donald Trump is president.

And he's really bad at it. Surpriiiiiiise.

He's even bad at lying.

At this point, I'd be surprised if he doesn't regularly choke on a stick of sugar-free cinnamon gum (the bad and bougie type) while walking at the same time.

Also, his, and the GOP's defense of his folly and impeachable offences is..."well, he's just a dumbass, he has no idea what he's doing!". Seriously.

Check this out!

Republicans’ emerging Trump defense: A naif in the Oval Office

I'm sure the GOP is gonna wish Hilldebeast was president before this is all over.

What do you think? And does this somehow bode better for us?

@BlackguyExecutive I'd love to hear what u have to say.

2. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I will keep my comments diplomatic. I recognize that we an embattled president that is scandal-prone partly because of hubris and partly because there is a clear competency gap. I also recognize that he is in charge of a government that has come amazing capability so I would not want to speak out of service to the country. With that being said....

I think we should remember that impeachment is a political question, not necessarily a legal one. I think folks that are calling for impeachment should really think about what that means and how destabilizing that could be particularly in this era where our institutions are struggling to maintain public trust. I don't think impeachment is on the table as long as the GOP retains power, it would not be in the Party's interests to impeach or remove a President that is the leader of their party.

I think there are some considerable legal questions that plague the Administration. Those are more serious and will become more revealed as we proceed the investigative process.

I don't like that we are rooting for a President's failure, even if we don't like the policies of said administration. I believe that if the president fails the country ultimately fails. With that being said, the behavior from our chief executive is erratic and unstable and Mr. Trump is likely to bring himself down or succumb to the pressures of the job. In my opinion as a citizen of the US, I don't think Trump likes the job or necessarily wants the job of President of the United States and Commander-in-Chief of her Armed Forces. I am baffled that he has not felt that sense of awesome responsibility of being President or realize the tremendous power of his office. Mr. Trump is a man looking out for himself and that separates him from virtually any previous president we have ever had.

NikR dapped this.
  3. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single

I agree...mostly. I don't think that a nation rises and falls at the whim of a single person, even if that person is the president. It takes a slumbering congress and feckless judiciary to help along the process. Unfortunately, we don't have a slumbering congress- we've got a destructive one. And the judiciary? It's barely holding on.

Trump won't get impeached. Not by Republicans and definitely not by Democrats. What would be the purpose? Politically speaking, it would be better for a possibly newly-empowered Democratic house majority to simply strip tape off of the Trump wagon bit by bit, until there's nothing holding the wheels on. Then dump all Republicans into Trump's wooden cart and watch it overturn in 2020.

2020 is the big one-census year people. Gotta go out and vote.

4. jpo

jpo
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I would like to add a note of caution here, along with the observation that I watched the House Judiciary Committee Watergate hearings and subsequent Committee vote for impeachment in 1974, and by the time the House got round to impeaching Clinton I had worked as a Congressional staff, although was not working in that capacity then. Each of those processes were exciting, unnerving but ultimately we survived and the business of government went on during the process.

And that brings me to my point: I am less concerned/interested in the travails of Trump than I am in Mitch McConnell (Paul Ryan is a joke, a dangerous joke, but a joke). McConnell is smart. He thinks strategically in a way that few in Washington are capable of. He is already plotting out his next seven moves. And, he is perilously close to putting together a bill that will gut the Affordable Care Act. House Republicans will probably fold and accept a weaker (ie - Medicaid elimination 7 years out, dropping the pre-existing condition House provision but keeping the provision that allows state to waive the essential benefits language of the ACA, thus accomplishing the same thing). McConnell wants to get this done quickly before July 4. That is what I am concerned about.

Trump will sign whatever is put in front of him. We need to be worried about Congress, particularly the Senate, particularly Mitch McConnell.

That is why I went to see Wonder Woman rather than listen or watch the Comey hearing.

5. Mendizi

Mendizi Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I have just found out that he's cancelled his state visit to the U.K. that was to take place this year. Traditionally, a state visit for a U.S. president is well into their term. I believe this was rushed through because of our decision to leave the EU and we need to sort out trade deals with countries outside of the EU.

6. Discordant

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    The impeachment process is also a long one. It's not going to be over in a week. Plus, the line of succession is disturbing and possibly worse because, while Trump is erratic and volatile, I think the world recognizes that and we've got amazing diplomats who are doing their best to minimize the damage he's causing (which is mostly due to rhetoric at this point.) Pence or Ryan actually understand the political process, are Washington insiders, and could actually get more accomplished because they understand the game and are willing to play it.

We're in a bad spot, right now, but Trump may actually be the lesser, if not most obnoxious, of three evils.