MSNBC Host To Rick Santorum: What Are You Doing About ‘White Men With Guns’?

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by OckyDub, Dec 21, 2015.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Dear sweet baby jebus...please please let somebody ask this question during the next GOP debate. Yeah I know it will never happen but I still can't believe somebody in the MSM had the guts to ask the question.

This morning on MSNBC, Joe Scarborough asked Rick Santorum a simple question: What can we do to show the millions of peaceful Muslim Americans that they are valued and respected members of society?

Santorum rejected the question and said that onus was on every Muslim American to confront “the cancer within Islam.” Santorum said that “most Muslims” in America were shirking their duties to confront radicalism.

Co-host Mika Brzezinski had enough. “I’ll turn the argument around on you. Why aren’t you working on white men with guns?,” she asked.

“You are telling Muslim Americans they all need to come out and talk about the tiny percentage of their community that has kind of, quite frankly, wreaked havoc. But yet, you look at the data of white men wreaking havoc on this country? Why aren’t white men coming forward? Why don’t you call on them to do that?,” Brzezinski continued.

Santorum responded by saying he was dealing with the problem of “gun violence.” Not by supporting any kind of gun safety legislation but by encouraging people to get married.

Brzezinski is right on the data. Since 9/11, fatalities from attacks by right-wing extremists — a group of almost exclusively white men — has accounted for 254 fatalities. Meanwhile, Islam-inspired attacks accounted for 50 fatalities over the same period. (This data was from June so did not include the recent attacks in Colorado and San Bernardino.)

Prejudice against Muslims in America is not without consequences. ThinkProgress has documented 46 anti-Islam incidents, many of them violent, since the terrorist attacks in Paris.

Santorum criticized the Obama and George W. Bush administrations for being too accommodating toward Muslims.

GaTekno84 and Tyroc dapped this.
  2. Tyroc

Tyroc Deactivated Account

Daps Received:
    Even if they do ask, at least 2 will find a way to turn it into scared white gallant knights who lost their way and at least 1 will blame the President.

alton and OckyDub dapped this.
  3. GaTekno84

GaTekno84 Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Married
    Ironically Middle Eastern muslims are more racist towards black people than europeans (google it). I won't be coming to their defense. I'll let the euros and arabs duke it out between themselves.

Single parent homes arent the problem, guns are. As long as people have guns there will be gun violence; Especially in the hands of the mentally disturbed.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  4. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    [​IMG]

Amen brother! Well said. I've made this point more than once on CA and other social media sites and got called a "racist." But this dispute between Euro Christian empire and Arab Islamic empire has nothing to do with black people. They both are guilty of crimes against us. Abrahamic mythologies are not our religions. They were imposed on us white and Arab invaders. Let them fight it out. This is not our concern.

GaTekno84 dapped this.