Must Watch: Joyner Lucas - I'm Not Racist

Discussion in 'Music and Podcasts' started by OckyDub, Nov 28, 2017.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

‘I’m Not Racist’ is a perfect hip hop snap shot into the United States’ current climate right now. Hell, even the comments around the web concerning the video are divided, with camps still holding true to the ideologies represented in the video. Regardless of my own critiques concerning some topics presented in the track; I respect that it’s promoting dialog by airing grievances and by holding a mirror up to our culture.

Check out the powerful video below and share your initial thoughts or reactions.

Joyner Lucas
    [​IMG]

Read the whole post here.

I-Stay-Woke and jusrawb dapped this.
  2. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I have to admit when I first saw this video on my social media timeline, I only got about two minutes in and closed the video until my friend told me to watch the entire thing. I get the message but I don't know how much good it will do. I firmly believe that if you have to preface a statement with I'm not racist, then you should probably examine what you are going to say or do next. Because 9 times of 10 its probably something racist. I think when people start to realize that the system is designed for the richest among us will we actually make strides on the racial front. People at the top are creating artificial divisions among the poor, poor blacks and poor whites. Even middle-class blacks and whites. I think sometimes we forget that when Dr. MLK marched on Washington he was marching for jobs and freedom, not black people or white people. He recognized that the system was working against both peoples.

3. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Im pretty checked out with "message" and topic of the video as a whole.

The Make America Great Again hat, the supposedly "hood" black man. Both extreme examples of the way American black and white people stereotypically view each other. We get it!!!

Not only do we get it, we have gotten it for some time. The reality is very few people care. You are not going to get racist or white people that enjoy white privilege to change their mind, just like you are not going to get black people who feel like victims and blame everything on white people to change their minds.

I get so tired of people saying the statement, "lets talk about it, lets promote dialogue, lets take a seat at the table and discuss". People have been talking about racism FOREVER. Until there is a tangible plan in place, action, a new standard with results you can see and feel, MUTHA FUCK A TALK.

Creative video tho.

4. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I mean since fuking abolition. How many hundreds of years ago was that?

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  5. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Simple fact is this white people in this country have most of the power and wealth. They'll never willingly give that up. They'll kill you first before they'll let that happen. They've proven this time and time again. It's black people who refuse to take the hint. Also white identity trumps(pun intended) class solidarity most every time. That's why you massive numbers of poor and working-class whites who vote Republican/"conservative" even though it's not in their interest to do so. The rich whites who run the show know this and are experts at getting poor whites to enforce the racial hierarchy. They've been doing that for centuries.

OckyDub and Omega Level dapped this.
  6. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Right. All of this. It annoys the shit out of me when black people or any minority for that matter post anything dealing with Trump saying "I can't believe he did this, or the republican party did that etc. Have these people not shown you time and time again that they give NO FUCKS?

When the fuck are we gonna get it in our head and not be surprised anymore? And further more when are going to stop begging other people to accept us and like us? DAMN.

We have immense amounts of power. Formulate a plan and cripple the US economy as a whole. Hell even if its some clandestine inner terrorism war between either race or class that needs to come about, so be it.

I think its a current in the air between race, class, North Korea, Russia, Isis, technology, and greed where something on an EPIC scale is going to happen that will change the world as we know it.

Cyrus-Brooks and OckyDub dapped this.