My Anxiety is So Bad...

Discussion in 'Mental, Medical and Sexual Health' started by Sean, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Sean

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Dating:
    Single
    ...a cop showed up in my office to see a co-worker and I got that feeling you get when you're bout to get pulled over. Then I started thinking, "FUCK, what did I do?" I had to laugh at myself, then shake my head, cuz anxiety is one of those things that can make you nut up over seemingly insignificant and dumb shit.

I really haven't been the same since that one time I was arrested at my house for not showing up for a court date over a traffic violation. But I'm sure the culmination of all of my bullshit encounters with the police (since age 14) have fueled this anxiety.

BlackguyExecutive and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  2. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I don't think there is a black man in this country who don't feel anxiety when a cop gets anywhere near them. I was at 7-11 yesterday when a state trooper walked in. I was half tempted to run out, even though I hadn't done anything wrong. I got some potato chips and bottle of water and tried my best not to make eye contact with him.

BlackguyExecutive dapped this.
  3. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I agree. I still get nervous when I have to deal with law enforcement in the United States. I was recently in DC looking for a new apartment and was approached by a couple of police officers. I immediately felt anxiety. The guys were like, we are just making our walking beat patrols.

I hardly ever really worry about the police overseas and its not because of diplomatic immunity. It is sad, that Black American men have been conditioned over centuries of abuse and violence to develop anxiety when you are approached by people who should be there to protect you.

Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.