Need Help Deciding...PlayStation or Xbox!

Discussion in 'Gaming and Technology' started by cypher21, Sep 22, 2015.

1. cypher21

cypher21 Deactivated Account
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Hey guys,

New here and liking the forums so much I wanted to contribute and I've been going back and forth on this for a minute. The biggest think I hear people say on this subject is "Go with the console your friends are on." But...I don't have any friends that game...I've sorta always lone wolfed it, but I'm tired of doing that!

Right now I'm pretty much a pc gamer but I just prefer the feel and ease-of-use on consoles and the exclusives they offer. I haven't owned any xbox consoles and I've only owned a PS2 back in the day (and only for a few months...it was stolen...)

There are a few games on both systems that I'd like to play (Last Of Us | Halo | Scalebound | Horizon ZD) and 1080p vs 900p graphic output doesn't concern me much so I guess what I'd like to know is how the two are different in other ways? What is the Xbox gaming community like? PSN?? What makes one system your preferred choice?

Not trying to start a war but I'm curious to know what other gaymers' opinions are.

Thanks!

Infinite_loop dapped this.
  2. Nick Delmacy

Nick Delmacy is a Verified MemberNick Delmacy Da Architect
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    This is def a question for @ockydub since he had both systems

3. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I have a PS3 and a XB1. Going to get a PS4 next year after they eventually drop the price.

I chose the XB1 because I had so many XB360 friends.

If you like Japanese style anything, the PS4 is probably going to fare you better. Japanese games tend to be a little more quirky and risk taking than American developed games. If you are in to fighting games, the PS4 is the system of choice as they have a solid line up. And you will not get many of those dramatic console style RPGs on XB1.

The XB1 has 360 backwards compatibility live now for preview members (me) and coming for everyone in November. It's not for all 360 games, but if you wanted to catch up on anything on the list for 360, you could.

I like that I can run my TV though the XB1 so I can say "Xbox, watch HGTV." and it will tune the cable box to HGTV. Pretty neat but not something I can't live without. You also need to XB1 with the Kinect2 for that work. PS4 has a function where you can share your gaming session with a friend and show them an area you are having difficulty with and they can jump in, complete the section for you and pass the control back to you. I think that's a pretty cool option I think.

My reasoning for eventually getting the PS4 is that there are exclusives that I will want to play on that platform but just can't justify paying full release price 2 years after it came out right now. That's why I'm waiting for a price drop. I would like to play Tekken 7, Final Fantasy, and more.

I also plan on getting a WiiU, that Mario Maker looks fun as hell, but I can't justify paying full release price for a WiiU as Nintendo's console is not powerful enough to warrant the price when for a few more dollars, you can get a Sony or Microsoft console that's more powerful with more games and better online play.

Royal Ebony and cypher21 dapped this.
  4. cypher21

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Thanks Controlled!

I do like/am interested in JRPGs as the majority of the games I've played but it made me realize I haven't really branched out in other genres like fighting or FPS or whatever. PS4 is looking good but idk one thing I admire about Microsoft is there lineup for this holiday season! Halo, Tomb Raider, Forza all seem great. My cousin owns a Wii U, its neat and is easily the most unique console out there, but I honestly can get my Nintendo fix from my 3ds as long as I get to play Smash Bros and Fire Emblem I'm good. I think I will wait til around Black Friday to see who has the best bundles lol!

5. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    XBOX One's home screen interface (think of it as your work/home computer's desk top) is super easy to use. PS4's graphics are no joke but the xb1 is no slouch. I went for Xbox 1 because of Halo and TitanFall and the ease of use with the downloadable apps. I will be getting a PS4 most likely because I love God Of War 3.

cypher21 and Infinite_loop dapped this.
  6. cypher21

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Thanks guys, this helps a lot! I recently just watched a video on the new Xbox interface and it's nice, I like the ps4 one too. For anyone that has both, is multiplayer better on either system?

7. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I had both...kinda. I gave my PS3 to my partner. I would look online and do some research about this. Back then Sony was having major online issues and hacking problems. Remember the Sony hack scandal? Well that impacted Sony games as well and I do know co-workers who had to get freezes put on their credit and they couldn't get on netflix. I'm sure this has been fixed but I would research on google. Most importantly, it depends on the game you are using for multiplayer.

cypher21 dapped this.
  8. redsai84

redsai84 For the night is dark and full of terrors.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    i have ps4 I'm still thinking about getting the xbox one but as it stands there are no games on the xbox one that i cant get on my ps4. I'm also a big Rpg gamer and ps4 has my back wit those games and some cool exclusives coming out soon.

cypher21 dapped this.