Nigger? What does that mean?

Discussion in 'Race, Religion, Science and Politics' started by Omega Level, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Omega Level

Omega Level DRACARYS
    The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    Nigger-1024x683.jpg M1JyRtC.png

I wonder what would happen if every black person woke up one morning and the word NIGGER as well as all its history and meaning were erased from their memory? Every black person in the world. A sort of one word amnesia genocide that happened over night. All songs or art by black people when using that word was deleted or replaced with the word people, dude, boy, friend, etc.

The caveat tho is, every other race in the world remembered that word.

Would that word still have power or would it just wither and die?

Would other races try to re-teach us that word or would they be too embarrassed and realize how ignorant it sounds trying to explain to us what "nigger" is?

When I think about that word, isn't the main power of it within the person/people being called it and their BELIEF that they are in fact the word and its negative connotations?

There is more to the word than just the word I know. Its the energy placed behind it. As being someone less than, unworthy, unintelligent, etc. And worse the systems, policies, and social structures put in place encouraging those associated with that word as less than.

Yet I cant help but think what if the main volatility of the majority of racism began simply with one word?

If you were in the south and a racist said "Get out of my way nigger" by it being erased from your memory you would have a puzzled look on your face the same as if they said "Get out of my way regna". You would probably keep walking and say to yourself, "What the fuck is a regna? Nevermind they must have mental issues".

Would we wake up and literally walk and carry ourselves differently due to one word being erased from our memory?

There are still many black people that have never been called that word in person by anyone white. I am one of them. And I live in Florida right now (yikes). But I still have never been called a nigger and still have never been pulled over by police or harassed by them. And im 40.

Many black people today would still physically fight a person if they called them a nigger in the store for example. But if you know your not a nigger, why would you respond at all? And specifically so violently? Does that now say more about you than them? Doesn't that person have mental issues calling you something that doesn't exist?

Im intrigued by the notion.

2. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    When you get a chance look into the Négritude movement Négritude
    Sometimes I wonder if rappers/comedians using the word "nigga" is history repeating itself, although in this case it usually carries a negative connotation(e.g Chris Rock's "Niggas vs Black people" show)