No wonder gays are hated.

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by ColumbusGuy, Aug 20, 2016.

1. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    So I was at the grocery store (Kroger) about 9:30 pm and I hear something in the next aisle(coming over into my aisle) in the ethnic food section. Well I knew it was gays from the voices-those affected ridiculous voices that no human could naturally have and way too 'ultra-femme' for any real woman, and of course here come two gay guys. They were in their twenties and...well...they looked like they were huge and lumpy from steroids up top, but not anywhere else. And they looked like women from the neck up. And they were talking.

They were not just talking, they were talking about men in a clear loud and obscene way with their 'gay voices' ...I went up the aisle and so did they. Then there was a hispanic looking couple also looking to be in their twenties. The one gay says(clearly for the woman to hear),"There is nothing but TUNA in this aisle, girl"(it was the ethnic food section so of course there was NO tuna there), and then they turned around and went back down the aisle. The woman was kinda like 'WTF' and said to the guy with her 'did you hear that' and then they talked and looked down the aisle with disgust.

And these were not the only gays acting like they were not raised right. There were some loud lesbians also being aggressive and loud, blocking aisles with their huge selves, giving mean looks at people and looking like they were repping the gay rainbow as there was every ethnicity it appeared but Asian.

What the hell? With gays acting like this no wonder we have haters. There is just no excuse. And this was not in some 'gayborhood', this was a working/middle class neighborhood on the very far western edge of Columbus, South Hilliard-ish. With more acceptance some gays seem to think that anything goes and they can take their negative sh@tty attitudes and just shade anyone anywhere in public. I kind of hope those two do that crap to the wrong people and get their asses beat,

Anyone else see this stuff around?

These two gays were white and nasty wearing tank tops, shorts and flip flops with their long hair bound up in some weird updo coming straight up from the top of their heads and then just kind of sprawling out and down. This was some long @ss hair. And the voices...just about the worst I have heard...worse than anyone doing drag...it was just super EXTREME gay voice with attitude-I could hardly believe it.

I did not fight and march for this sh@t!!!!!!!

Sorry end rant.

*also what do you use Jamaican 'Bulla' ginger bread for?-it was on sale(marked way down) and looked good.

2. alton

Squad Leader The Great Debater The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Chelsea Queens
    :iverson2:

Sad and unfortunate side effect of Freedom of Expression. These are people that really just don't give a fuck what anyone else thinks about them. Unfortunate too, they are SO outlandishly "Out There" that they literally burn a negative impression on the average person's mind and voile...the entire gay community is labeled. At this point there's not a damn thing that can be done about it. And GOD forbid you give them a look or shake your head in disbelief..."UGHH! Like...what's YOUR fucking problem? We're QUEER GOD damnit. This is who-we-are. So get, USED to it! Ughh! C'mon Kendall, LETs get outta here. Too many, OLD people."...as they strut off with their Man-Bodies and Women-everything else. smh

3. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    "There is nothing but TUNA in this aisle, girl", what does this mean?

BlackguyExecutive dapped this.
  4. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    @ColumbusGuy you eat bulla with cheese. part of an amazing breakfast or snack.

bulla and cheese.jpg

For the full experience, try processed cheese that comes in a tin. Yeah, literally, just walk into a caribbean food store (or Asian for that matter) and ask for "processed cheese". They'll give you side eye, smile and give you maddddd props. You get props from me for even asking the question

Next on your list to try: spice bun.

jpo dapped this.
  5. Fanon

The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I had a similar experience with my mother, who's not fond of homosexuality, at a county fair last year. We were there to spend time with each other (my "coming out" has caused an incredible rift in our relationship) and try to mend are frail relationship.

Whilst at the fair, we encountered a very stereotypical gay man. His face painted and glittered dancing obnoxiously in his cropped tee and "booty" shorts (despite there being a complete absence of booty :mjcry1:) just begging for attention, which he most certainly was getting...just not the good kind.

My mom said, "Why do you gays gotta act like that? Everybody knows you're gay. You don't need to be advertising your sexuality and throwing it in our face." As an educator, I knew this was what we like to call a "teachable moment," so I collected myself and informed her that not all gay men were as obnoxious as the one we had just encountered and that their sexuality had no correlation to such ignorant behavior.

There are individuals in our "community" who use their sexuality as a conduit to express that ignorance.

6. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Fish. As in P@ssy. He was making a snide remark regarding a woman being there in the aisle. It was obvious to the woman what he meant. And he emphasized the word tuna. It was all ethnic food in that aisle and the next one over so there was no can of tuna in that aisle. And there was no need to say it either nobody was bothering them at all. I could not believe he said that, and then they turned back around down the aisle as if a woman being there was really deterring them from going down the damn aisle. The thing that really got me was not them talking so 'gay', but the behavior..the same with the others. It was not a full moon I don't think. They were just so damn rude.

#6 ColumbusGuy, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  7. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    There were only two little bags of them left on the shelf-people had purchased the rest so I bought them. I ate some last night and the rest of one bag this morning. Something different and pretty good. I'll look for some cheese today. And that pic is exactly what they look like. I was looking at them when all of this stuff started. I can spot those special colored manager special markdown stickers like a hungry eagle can spot prey.

#7 ColumbusGuy, Aug 21, 2016
  8. hannibal

Most Comedic Player Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I find the while post to be probmlematic. A bad encounter with gay men at the grocery store is no more reason to dislike a group of people than hating black people because shaunesha let all 5 of her badd ass kids run around the store

jusrawb and BlackguyExecutive dapped this.
  9. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Chance encounters like this add up-especially when much of particular minority group are NOT a visible minority. Bad analogy IMO . If we all had banners so we were all instantly recognizable as gay men, then you might have a point. The obviously gay make more of an impression because they are identifiable as gay-whether that impression is good or bad is another argument.

Everyone can see all of the other black people who are NOT letting their kids run around the store.

Should I have gone up to the woman they had insulted and introduced myself as a gay man and apologized and said all gay men are not rude assholes like these two? Would you go up to some white person who had been run into by Shaunesha's kid and apologized and said not all black people let their kids run amok? Why would you?-everyone else can see the other black people who are not letting their kids run amok.

*It just really pissed me off that here was this store full of diversity with all ages, all races, visible minorities galore including obvious religious minorities since their were Muslim women in the store, but the people 'acting out' were the ones who were pretty visibly stereotypically gay. I was at first amused by the 'extreme gay voice' of the two men(and it was extreme)...I only got pissed by how they acted and how they had to be rude.

#9 ColumbusGuy, Aug 21, 2016
    alton dapped this.
  10. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    That's hardly a race thing. I have one now former friend who, when I treated to breakfast at a restaurant, made some disparaging remarks about the Mexican wait staff. He then continued on a tear about many other things in the camped-up style you cite above. I said nothing while at the restaurant, but in my mind decided I'd never speak to him again. Stopped returning his calls, texts, etc. and have lived happily ever after.

Hilliard huh? Not "Grovetucky"? lol

11. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    What made you think it was a race thing? I only mentioned race because of the diversity of the crowd(which was a good thing and an improvement really considering how white this area has been traditionally). It was not a race thing, it was a gay thing. What made you think it was a race thing? I put this in Group Discussions, not the Race, etc. forum.

*'Grovetucky' is Grove City. Far West Side is Galloway, etc., South Hilliard is anything south of Roberts Rd. Hilliard is north of that.

12. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Oh lord, you're in one of those moods. It's not really a "gay thing" either, as assholes come in all flavors, shapes, genders. The point is that I could have exchanged your couple with all sorts of people I've dealt with and encountered. Said friend was a black, dark-skinned, snap-queen.

And yeah, I know where Hilliard is. It's usually the last thing I see when I'm on I-70, getting the hell out of cowtown and heading back to Illinois, lol.

Besides, I only grocery shop in New Albany and Upper Arlington (*sniffs*)
    :heh:

13. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    ^^ Damn you lol.* But it is different because much of us are an invisible minority. These people were not and tend to have a greater impact on how we are viewed as gay than with other groups-that includes when they do something very good I will admit-you have to claim the good with the bad here. But people remember the bad more-that is how people are. And it seems like the encounters with the most flamboyant and easily recognizable gays tend to not represent us in the best light-and I think this goes to the idea that the more (for lack of a better word) 'rachet' gays tend to be more easily identified as 'gay'. Even with effeminate men, there may still be a question mark, but with these gays talking about sex with men in graphic terms just right out there, the question mark is gone. I admit also that if masculine gays act like jerks just in a different more usual way that 'men' are thought to act, straights get the blame and not us.

*edit* -rereading your post, I may have misconstrued part of it- should have read it more thoroughly the first time.

* figures you would shop in expensive Dublin or Arlington, all about show and all with items that are overpriced like at Whole Paycheck most likely. And Arlington and Dublin, the whitest areas of the metro too. MmmmHmmm. Just go on back to Chiraq and the fiscal disaster that is Illinois lol.
    I can also almost see 70 since I live about 200 feet from 40. And yeah I am in a mood-start back to work tomorrow and it is almost like the day before school starts for some weird reason lol. I am in my emotions! (where is that MY EMOTIONS! gif?)
    :sass1::troll:

*Okay I admit there is little difference between South Hilliard, Far West Side, and Grovetucky-it is all still a craphole, just a more diverse craphole.

#13 ColumbusGuy, Aug 21, 2016
  14. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Lol, you actually think I waste my money at Whole Foods there? There ain't shit at Whole Foods you can't get at Krogers, Aldis, Walmart, Golden Eagle, ANYWHERE cheaper these days. If people are shopping at Whole Foods in north suburbs, it's because they just want to be conspicuous consumers. Like people who insist on spending $5 at Starbucks for shitty coffee that isn't any nutritionally or aesthetically better than Dunkin Donuts or Tim Hortons (corn syrup is corn syrup even if there's a barebreasted green mermaid dishing it out).

As for Chiraq, I'm not returning until October. The rustbelt is all yours, bruh...
    [​IMG]

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  15. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Sorry to inform you, but Columbus is not and has never been considered a rustbelt city. There is a reason Columbus is conspicuously absent from this map. It is not a rustbelt city-never had enough manufacturing and was always too diversified. Same with Indy. Chicago on the other hand...

rust-belt-map1.jpg

mWSqO.gif

But on a lighter and nicer note...sweet dreams tonight.

idris elba.gif

#15 ColumbusGuy, Aug 21, 2016
  16. NikR

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    Before we got a little off track, this was really starting to sound like a respectability politics discussion.

I don't compare my brown skin to my gayness for obvious reasons, but my blackness can sometimes inform my other minority status. And my blackness has shown me that the practice of racial respectability politics is utterly bankrupt. What this means for gays (and lesbians)? Well, I dunno. I think that race is a construct that can't ever be bridged, and it will always loom over everything else. Humans are masters of outrageous negative extrapolation. Hence- old dude scratched your car= "get those old geezers off the frigging road dammmitt!". I think the two obnoxious white gays are protected by their whiteness-they probably won't see the repercussions of their assholery. But it might affect other people. Actually, it probably will.

Oy this is more complicated than I thought. I will say this though- people don't have the right to be assholes any more than they have the right to be bigots.

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  17. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    It is complicated. I won't deny my original feelings(and I admitted they were feelings as much as thoughts with the 'sorry for the rant' ending). Rants are often IMO by nature emotionally charged. I was pissed and that came across I am sure.

NikR dapped this.
  18. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    I think gays like the one's described in the initial post are part of that "We are here, we are Queer, We take it in the Rear" counterculture. The white gay elites hate those men because they actively work against the assimilation project. I generally have a live and let live policy but sadly, those kind of stereotypical gays become the brand of all gays.

alton and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  19. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    No disrespect but at this point its like who cares... Every group has some subgroup that behaves embarrassing to others. There are some very "gay" talking men that are visibly gay and respectable. Hopefully the people around is aware that everyone doesn't behave like that. That is one advantage of a variety of gay men being out. One of my friends has a gay cousin and is familiar with his friends but he doesn't like being around them because of how they act (messy and "typical" gay). Since he met me and was surprised I was even gay, he has a different mindset now. Most straight people that I've met speak negatively about gay people only based off what they see or stereotypes; similar to how a lot of other races see black people but has never met a black person personally. Instead of complaining about stuff that's not going to change, lets talk about how we can change or expand how we want gay people to be viewed.

alton dapped this.
  20. alton

Daps Received:
    "Hopefully the people around is aware that everyone doesn't behave like that."

Unfortunately, Bro, this is the issue. The average person (especially in cities that don't have a large gay populace) doesn't know how the "average" gay person acts, so when they see rude, flamboyant behavior from individuals like those mentioned in the post, they automatically assign that behavior to EVERYONE in the group. Many times they never meet anyone else to change their views so they carry that negative mindset for much of their lives. Same as with any negative stereotype, only most stereotypes can be more easily quelled because they usually don't come with a damning religious doctrine attached to them. At the end of the day it is a "who really cares at this point" issue, but it's still very f@#kin annoying for those of us that don't act that way to be lumped in with those that do.

#20 alton, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  21. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I disagree. Now I will say that in general Whole Foods is high as giraffe pu$$¥ but they will usually have one singular item that is actually a good sale price. This is the hook though to get you in there to get something else. You just have to learn how to shop at WF to your advantage. It's a treat for me though. There hot bar rivals many restaurants. They really have good food and surprisingly good burgers and bbq. And that bakery? In store made candy and Gelato? Awesome!

Starbucks... I find them to be consistent. Unlike Dunkin. Dunkins coffee tends to be watery. Starbucks is usually richer tasting but maybe it depends on what you order. I have ad Dunkins that as cloying sweet or sharply bitter. When I do order from Starbucks it isn't always perfect but usually it's because they didn't add enough sweetener or cream and I can get the taste where I want it at the condiment stand in store with little effort.

Though I don't shop at either place for brags or to be pretentious because I will be all up in Walmarks, Save A Lot or Aldi and I have a French Press at home for coffee and as long as they keep making international delight cold stone sweet cream coffee Creamer I'm good.

alton dapped this.
  22. Winston Smith

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Actually Aldis is across the street from me. I was surprised at the quality which is no less to me than other stores. I'm also a block from WF, but like you said its for the hot food bar. I'd say I'm 90% purchasing at Aldis now.

ColumbusGuy and ControlledXaos dapped this.
  23. alton

Daps Received:
    DAMN negro!! Where YOU been? LOL

"ControlledXaos? Is that you??? Damn, baby. What you done to yo' hair?!" LMAO
    [​IMG]

ControlledXaos dapped this.
  24. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    Chillin'. I been chillin'. Lol

alton dapped this.
  25. alton

Daps Received:
    mmmmm hmmmm. Thas code for....
    [​IMG]

LMAO!!!

26. ControlledXaos

Daps Received:
    Lol. Nurp! More like playing video games and watching TV. Lol

27. Naturally10Me

Squad Leader The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
  28. jpo

jpo
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    For 25 years, I brought spice bun back from my yearly visit to my goddaughter in Kingston. I took it to the office and it was gone within minutes. Definitely miss it.

NikR dapped this.