Odell Beckham Jr. on Living in Drake’s House and His Next Big Rivalry

Discussion in 'Sports and Athletes' started by OckyDub, Jul 21, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG] "There weren’t a lot of people who, so to say, had my back during that game, that’s for sure,” he claims. “In my opinion.”

You mean on your side?

He nods. “Their team was up, 35–7. And I’m competitive. I don’t like to lose. We’re sitting there, and people are thinking about what we’re doing after the game.”

These last remarks, it’s safe to assume, will not go over well in New York. And yet only minutes later, he’ll speak of embracing a leadership role and, in the midst of an almost messianic vision of the coming season, he’ll praise the teammates he just criticized: “I get these weird divine feelings. They’re, like, so strong I can’t shake them. When I think about Super Bowl 51”—as in, the next one—“I think about the guys that we have. It almost makes me sick to my stomach because I know that it’s going to happen. I’m saying it now, and it’s weird. And then it comes the time, and it’s like, ‘Wow. This is really happening.’ ”

It’s hard to know what to make of Beckham in moments like these. Some people, even some Giants fans, will see a prima donna due for a comeuppance; others will see a merciless competitor who maybe thinks out loud too much. For what it’s worth, Beckham’s tone throughout our conversation is focused and intense, not petulant, and the message is clear: Either you’re helping him get where he wants to go, or you’re getting in his way.

[​IMG]
    Jacket, $995, by Rag & Bone / Suit, $1,190, shirt, $250 ,sneakers ,$395 by Rag & Bone / Bracelets from left Caputo & Co. David Yurman

Odell Beckham Jr.’s spring residency at Drake’s house wasn’t all tranquil self-actualization by the poolside. There were also some parties and socializing. At one of these backyard soirees, Drake was there, along with other famous people, including professional famous person Khloé Kardashian.

Khloé and Odell had first met in passing just a few days earlier at 1OAK in Las Vegas, but this time, a few photos of them chatting at Drake’s house leaked to TMZ, and as everyone knows, two famous people chatting in two different geographic locations within a confined period of time means they are having vigorous sexual intercourse. The photos are actually kind of hilarious: There are four of them, and Odell, seated on a countertop, never moves; Khloé starts out facing him, and with each frame she slowly rotates, like a rotisserie chicken, until her resplendent bottom is perched in Odell’s lap, his left hand glued to his own knee, studiously nottouching her. Taken as a series, she looks thirsty, he looks comatose. But whatever! In a blink, Odell went from someone Khloé had just met to the cover of Life & Stylemagazine, where he was pictured as one of five potential fathers of her unborn (and almost certainly nonexistent) child.

[​IMG]
    Sweater, $1,500, by Hermès / Pants, $2,050, by Hermès / Necklaces, from top Tiffany & Co. David Yurman / Bracelets Cartier (top left) Mateo New York (bottom) Miansai (right) rings, from left David Yurman John Hardy watch Cartier

[​IMG]
    Turtleneck, $495, pants $295, by Michael Kors

It was yet another example, Beckham says wearily, of people trading on his name, making some easy money by leaking some meaningless photos. “Whoever was there taking the pictures inside of a private party, inside of a private-er, private-er area of the house—we were in the kitchen of the house, where there was only like 15 people. It’s just kind of like…‘dating’? I just met this person. This is maybe the second conversation we’ve had.”

So: Beckham was not, is not, dating Khloé Kardashian—but the rumors did fuck him up with a girl he was seeing. “Things go like that,” he says ruefully, “and then some other girl that I may have been talking to hears about it, and now it’s more drama, more commotion in my life. And I’m sitting here trying to explain my situation to somebody, and it’s really not even a situation.”

When you live at Drake’s house, you wind up living in a Drake song. But now vacation is over. Football is almost here, and Odell Beckham Jr. has history to rewrite.

Devin Gordon is GQ’s executive editor.

[​IMG]
    Hoodie, $185, sweatpants, $185, OBJ for Twenty at Bloomingdale’s / Necklace by Miansai bracelets, from left Tiffany & Co. Cartier

Jdudre dapped this.
  2. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Not saying he is unattractive...not at all. Nonetheless, he just isn't my type...not at all.
    :ravetho:

3. OhSheit

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Bicurious
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Not even if he took out that ramen noodle wig from the Jacob Kohinoor line?

I just wanna see what's actually going down in Drake's crib and the sextape.

ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  4. mojoreece

Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Cute and handsome dude with great body and hair lol But he might want to learn how to be quite more often. I love him but he comes off as a little immature at times. I always thought if I became famous I would be like Beyonce and keep ppl guessing and rarely speak to the media. Minus the ugly tats, @Ockydub how could you not love that pretty face and those healthy thighs and other healthy body parts lol I also think his hair is cool and unique.

[​IMG] [​IMG] upload_2016-7-21_21-28-17.png

upload_2016-7-21_21-27-42.png

Jdudre and DreG dapped this.
  5. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    :umad:

6. OckyDub

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    Everything aint for everybody. He has enough thirst from everyone else, he doesn't need my salivations.

7. DreG

DreG is a Featured MemberDreG Art Heaux
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    I'm just here for the pictures.:yeshrug::feedme:

Jdudre, ColumbusGuy and JohnDoe dapped this.
  8. JohnDoe

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    Dating:
    Not looking
    Personally I find these two are suspect. But if you're a DL professional athlete maybe the crashing at my friend's would make a good cover story. Just a thought...

9. ColumbusGuy

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    That pic of those thighs! whew.

And what is up with the description under the last pic? Those are sweats and a hoodie? Something is off with that.
    Also half of those articles of clothing are more than most people's rent. And those pants look like women's slacks-but he still looks good in them-just like he looks good in the JK ramen noodles-who else could pull that off?- smh. And I like the swipe at 'thirsty' 'professional famous person' Khloe-the description matches all of the Kartrash clan.

And this whole thing is wrong-he looks better the less clothes he has on. To hell with GQ, when is he going to be in Nudist Monthly or American Naturist?

DreG dapped this.