Old Man Uses Grinder to Meet 14 yr Old Boy

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by OckyDub, Apr 4, 2018.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    So many pieces missing from this puzzle...BUT... a 14 year old boy posing as an 18 year old (or older), actively seeking sex with older men on a hook up app is not a victim.

[​IMG]

A former pastor was included along with two others arrested for meeting a 14-year-old boy for sex.

According to KETV, two men from Council Bluffs, Iowa and one man from Bellevue, Nebraska are accused of using the gay app Grindr.

The first arrest was Samuel Morris of Logan, who met the teen in December for sex. When Detective Roy Howell brought the boy in for questioning, he looked through the teen’s phone and discovered three other older men who met with the minor.

One was a man who identified only as “David,” but investigators discovered it was 80-year-old David Holmes a former pastor of Oskaloosa Central United Methodist Church.

“Essentially, he confessed that he had met the juvenile boy on that application and that he had met him in Omaha,” the detective said.

Court documents reveal Holmes admitted he used Grindr to meet the teen, who was at the Clarkson Hospital parking lot in February 2017. The two then engaged in oral sex. Holmes said that the teen asked him to introduce him to more older men. Holmes introduced him to 64-year-old Robert Recoy. The three then met at in the hospital’s parking garage and they took turns performing oral sex on each other.

The teen’s mother confirmed that the family had been at Clarkson Hospital for three months with her husband. She said that her son would leave the hospital room for different reasons.

Recoy would not cooperate with authorities and the Omaha Police Department reported he was “found dead in his kitchen with 13 pill bottles and a glass of wine next to him,” KETV said.

“It is believed Recoy took his own life due to this investigation,” the affidavit reads.

Holmes and Morris join 45-year-old Devin Watt on first degree sexual assault of a child. Watt is already in the Sarpy County Jail accused of allegedly having sex with a 13-year-old boy in the same Bellevue neighborhood Morris allegedly did.

80-year-old retired Methodist minister used Grindr to sexually assault 14-year-old boy: report

2. jusrawb

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    Yes the adults are extremely wrong for this once they realize he was much younger but I have so many questions. Does those apps not have a 18+ age restriction? Why is the 14 year old allowed to just wonder places for periods of time ? What happens to the kid ? This doesnt seem like the first time this happened so whats the deal with the parents involvement ?

3. DFW Brutha

The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    Single
    [​IMG]
    arrests were justified
    kid is likely reliving some sexual trauma of their past

4. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Well I used to be left home a lone all night when my mom worked nights every 3 months for a little while when I was 11. But my mom was a LEO soooooooo there's that.

The thing is that teens can find a way to get into trouble intentionally or not.

Not every teen is an inn lil lamb. Especially if they were acting on their own to find these older men that could have been his great grandad. However they should have known better. Even these swole up teens still don't quite look 18 or even if they do, it's on the older person to verify and ask.

I am not going to lie. If my small town self was growing up in this day and age with apps I'd probably be out there doing ish I ain't have no business doing on grindr and jackd. JBH.

SB3, A Jenkins, DreG and 2 others dapped this.
  5. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    You Right

[​IMG]

Knowing better doesn't stop one from doing things they shouldn't. I hate to think the trouble I could have gotten myself into.

SB3, A Jenkins, DreG and 2 others dapped this.
  6. BlackguyExecutive

BlackguyExecutive Je suis diplomate
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Married
    Stories like this lead me to believe that there needs to be an app specifically but for LGBT Youth. They can keep they asses off adult apps and adults would have no reasonable belief to think that someone on the Youth app is able to consent.

With that being said, I have other questions...When I see stories like this with old men, I feel bad because they lived an unfree life...but I am also wary of men who seek out young men, particularly young men who look like boys....

Winston Smith dapped this.
  7. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    An LGBT social app for teens to socialize with other teens (get the hell outta here R Kelly, Kevin Spacey, and Bryan Singer!) is a great idea. Will probably NEVER happen due to parental permissions and so many youth in the closet to parents and guardians. Being an older dude, I just figured gay teens just make their own way through Snapchat, WhatsApp and all the rest, anyway.

The age thing is pretty much only CYA for app makers, so they can show they are not facilitating illegal activity (like Backpages, Rentboy, etc.). For USERS, i’d always always assume objects in the mirror may not be as old as they appear. Unless apps are running drivers licenses and running SSNs for users it’s all just a half-assed honor system. In addition to safety reasons, that’s why it’s good to meet someone from an app at a public place (Starbucks, etc.). You want to visually verify and even ask for ID like a bouncer if unsure.

BlackguyExecutive and OckyDub dapped this.