Out and Bad: London's LGBT Dancehall Scene

Discussion in 'Movies and Shorts' started by Lancer, May 23, 2016.

1. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
  2. Lancer

Best Thread Creator The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I always want to go to Bootylicious but I am always super busy whenever it comes around, which is monthly:(

3. takeyourmeds91

The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    That was dope.

While it wasn't necessarily a unique narrative, it was definitely one that still needed to be re-told. I know as a masculine man and even as an American, I generally don't need to fear for my life because I am gay.

I think a lot of guys in my position take that for granted. That is the very dissonance between masculine gay men and effeminate gay men. Too often, it's the latter that wants to out (or feel like they're outing) the former because in a sense they feel like, "dues weren't paid" to live this lifestyle. In retaliation, "DL nigs" want nothing to do with the "queens" and will pretend they don't exist. It's an unfortunate cycle.

Everyone's story is just as important in the human collective and this video reminds you to remain aware of that.

Omega Level dapped this.
  4. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I'mma have to check this out. Thanks my Nigerian bro!