1. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    I kinda have a problem with Pastors being in this position. There was a post on this board about Slavery and the black church and I believe they are making money by continuing to spread lies I call "slave faith". They preach from this book with all these rules about what is wrong and right and they can't even keep up with it but get excused because no one is perfect, yet will argue you up and down about unclean this and that and the majority of them aren't married, have already had kids and sex.

And it's annoying how folks hold these people in such high regards based on a book altered by man.

I had one guy go off on me. He was DL but a church guy and he strated quoting things his pastor had said about this but when I questioned him about his DL behavior..he basically told me I was trash, God respects him more than he does me because he goes to the church and I should just not waste God's time because I'm not trying to change my ways. He went beserk..but eh.

It was a wake up call for me about most of these church folks. I don't think anything is wrong with a pastor making money I'm more annoyed about the doctrine that keeps getting spread from generation to generation to blind folks.

2. Ishmal

Ishmal Squad Member

Daps Received:
    The issue for me is that churches generate billions yearly and most of that money come from people with limited financial means. If you look at Pastor Gray's congregation, I would bet most of those people do not make 50K. So it seems tone deaf as a pastor, or any leadership position in ministry, to spend 200k on car when that money could be reinvested in the church and or community.

Why not take that money and start a scholarship for the kids of the church?
    Why not take that money and bond people out of jail?

He may have earned this money through other means, like his book and speaking engagements, but the image of it doesn't play well.

Lancer, ControlledXaos, Jai and 2 others dapped this.
  3. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    I completely disagree with Charlamagne.

Pastors, preachers, clergyman (churches / religious organizations) are morally held to a higher ethical standard than rappers and athletes. Just like rappers and athletes; pastors, preachers, and clergyman disrespect women, gay people, commit murder, have affairs with strippers, prostitutes, molest children, commit acts of rape, sexual assault, commit adultery with members (fans) of their congregation, while knowing spreading STIs, and having children out of wedlock.

Unlike
    rappers and athletes they get local and state tax breaks, they get paid by tithes and donations while not having to pay taxes. Most churches don't pay property and federal income taxes which allows them to make anywhere between 70-80 BILLION dollars PER YEAR in the US.

That for me is the problem - religious organizations must pay taxes. This is why these pastors are able to live in luxury while many of them also break the law by publicly endorsing, supporting and donating to politicians.

Dude from the main thread along and his family can have a Lambo and more, good for him, I don't care. What I do care about is you and I can't and don't live and prosper without paying taxes. Being a person of (and employed by) faith should not shield you from financially making the same contribution to our society that most of Americans have to do. That is unfair to you. Even crooked congressman have to pay taxes and release them publicly every year.

4. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    He planted a seed for God to show him how to be able to afford the lavish gift while still not paying taxes

He could've asked me for a simple answer...

Pass around the collection plate one extra time before the end of service
    Write a book about struggle and how God / Jesus / Faith saw you through hard times

Instant Lamborghini for wife'y so she can to stunt on her fellow Christian haters.

5. Jai

Jai Being strong minded.
    The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Asexual
    Dating:
    Single
    The devil gives gifts too... I mean, um, wow...that's wonderful they love each other to speend that much money and brag about it online. It looks to me like they are just showing off. It's just my opinion but I don't know. I think people should be a bit more modest about "what God gave them". There are people that work hard too and don't get that ridiculous amount of money...but I guess. I'm in the minority. I was about to say what is he doing for the community but I don't know him like that or deeds to question it. It might be a good person that donates in private or something. Hmm

And wtf is a "faith deposit?"