Pastor who said Pulse victims got ‘what they deserved’ accused of molesting boy at church

Discussion in 'LGBT News and Events' started by OckyDub, Aug 26, 2016.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

A Georgia pastor who said Pulse nightclub shooting victims got what they deserved has been arrested on child molestation charges.

Ken Adkins, of St. Simons Island, turned himself in to police about 9 a.m. Friday on aggravated child molestation charges, reported The Florida Time-Union.

The 56-year-old Adkins, who has congregations in Atlanta, Jacksonville and Brunswick, Georgia, is an outspoken anti-LGBT activist in the Jacksonville area.

He drew widespread condemnation for making offensive remarks about a fatal shooting that left 49 clubgoers dead and 53 others wounded at a gay nightclub in Orlando.

“I don’t see none of them as victims,” Adkins tweeted. “I see them as getting what they deserve!!”

The alleged abuse took place at Adkins’ church in Brunswick, as well as the pastor’s car and the victim’s home, prosecutors said.

His attorney said investigators told him the abuse took place in 2010.

The pastor’s wife said she believed Adkins would be cleared, and she expressed concern about the young man who made the allegations.

Charlotte Stormy Adkins said the alleged victim was part of the church’s ministry and had been mentored by her and her husband.

She will serve as interim pastor while her husband takes leave.

Pastor who said Pulse victims got ‘what they deserved’ accused of molesting boy at church

OhSheit, Jdudre and ColumbusGuy dapped this.
  2. jpo

jpo
    The 100 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    These incidents no longer surprise. What once seemed to be a particularly Catholic problem turns out to be a problem buried deep in people's religious psyche.
    Two things stand out.
    First, this is a frightening violation of trust. Parents trust these figures. Children trust them. It is a trust too easily given, when it ought to be earned,
    Second, people like Adkins seem to have a self-destructive drive. When you are this close to - or over - the edge, keep you mouth shut! What drove him to call attention to himself?

OckyDub dapped this.
  3. @yahoo.com

@yahoo.com When the lights get low, I Burn Brighter.
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    it is just me - but i think this is soon funny. the hypocrisy.