Popular Songs from my Youth that I Hated but others Loved

Discussion in 'Music and Podcasts' started by OckyDub, Jul 28, 2017.

1. OckyDub

OckyDub is a Verified MemberOckyDub I gave the Loc'ness monstah about $3.50
    Site Founder The 10000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Married
    [​IMG]

Even though the catch all over used phrase of “hater” hadn’t been invented yet, many would’ve absolutely considered me a hater for the disgust I had for certain songs or artists while growing up.

This hate was exasperated due to their heavy rotation on radio stations and everyone else adoring these songs or artists. To this day when these songs come on the radio, I immediately tense up with an stank scowl on my face and change the channel. Here are a few the songs I hated while growing up.

Granted I enjoy tracks by washed up Mariah Carey like I Give My All, Dream Lover and Breakdown but I’m not no fan. I couldn’t stand the hype over her as an artist when she first arrived on the scene which means of course I hated Vision of Love.

What are some of the songs from your childhood that others loved but you secretly hated?

Read the whole post here.

2. Winston Smith

Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Not looking
    No dap for Double Dutch Bus, that was the first record I bought as a kid! Damn you, Williams! Lol. I have the whole album somewhere...and it should REALLY have stayed at a single.

The ONLY Stevie Wonder song I could never stand. Would have been a great FTD or Hallmark commercial though. I trace his decline to this and that Bill Cosby episode he sang it on (who the fuck just happens to hit Stevie Wonder in a car accident?)

And I honestly believed this group would go nowhere after their first album. Boy was I wrong. I always imagined Trump would have a pole installed in the Oval Office while Melanie Trump danced to this in a g-string and Bannon, Kelly, Tillerson and the boys waved dollars in the air.

#2 Winston Smith, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    OckyDub dapped this.
  3. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3
    Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    U trippin! Idk shyt about 'double Dutch bus', n I legit hate 'tonight is the night' thanks to my aunt, but these other cuts are legit! Ur just a horrible person if u don't like 'vision of love', *karaoke*

Mendizi dapped this.
  4. Mendizi

Mendizi Squad Member

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    How could anyone hate Double Dutch Bus???

5. Boaxy

Boaxy SO FIERCE
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    I never did like the electric cha cha song, you would hear at school dances, cookouts, family reunions, birthdays, functions. To me whenever this song came on, my ass would vanish out of sight from embarrassment.

Left foot stomp, right foot stomp. lol Ugh.

Goldentree dapped this.