Prayer/Law of Attraction: Finding the Perfect Guy

Discussion in 'Group Discussions' started by Nigerian Prince, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Nigerian Prince

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club Supporter

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Homosexual
    Dating:
    Single
    Hey guys I was curious to know if any of you ever use prayer or the law of attraction to bring the perfect guy in your life. If so, what do you pray (or attract) into your life? Are there certain things you tend to think about or pray about that leads to a potential partner to come into your life?

In my case, I know that I do believe in hoping for finding a boyfriend that is of African descent but I am open because I do find all races attractive. There are fine White, Latino, African-American, Asian, Indian, Middle Eastern, Pacific Islander, etc men all over.

I know for example that my twin brother is a hopeless romantic and even without apps he met gay/bi (or bi-curious) guys since late high school and especially in college. In my case, I started noticing that I have had tunnel vision so to speak. I spent my college years so focused on my grades and extracurricular activities that I was blind to some of the potential guys I could have come across. I was so blind but looking back I notice a few (Nigerian) guys that were possibly gay/bi or bi-curious.

What has been your experience with using the law of attraction or prayer to attract the right guy into your life? @JNH412 @ControlledXaos @KritiKal Analysis @SB3 @DreG @bpaisle @tigerbreaux @lyriq88 @Michael @Infinite_loop @Cyrus-Brooks

2. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3

Daps Received:
    Cant say i do, tbh. Im open minded, but too obsessed w things being tangible to 'put it out there into the universe'.

Nigerian Prince and DreG dapped this.
  3. Cyrus-Brooks

Cyrus-Brooks is a Featured MemberCyrus-Brooks The Black Vulcan
    Squad Leader Best Site Comments The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Dating:
    In a Relationship
    I wasn't going to respond to this, but since I was tagged, what the hell, why not. I don't believe in prayer, because I don't think god exists. As for the law of attraction in do think there is some validity to it especially in the gay dating world. From my observation of gay couples and my experiences it does seem there is something to the law of attraction. I also think you will attract what you seek out as well.

#3 Cyrus-Brooks, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    Nigerian Prince and DreG dapped this.
  4. ControlledXaos

Squad Veteran Most Valuable Player The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I'm not praying person. Honestly, I think God has a lot more important things to handle than worrying about my love life but that's what happens when you are a disillusioned questioning Christian.

To that end, I think that the power of attraction is a thing. To a degree. For example, if you are a gym bunny looking for a fellow gym bunny, you'll likely meet him at the gym. I think once you get on the circuit of whatever you are into, you'll run in to similarly minded people. My last race, I met a dude who remembered seeing me at the gym. I thought he was cute but we only met for a minute and I lost him in the pack of the race (though I did find his photos on the photo page for the race). If I see him again, now I feel like I could strike conversation with him. Physically, he was what I like in a dude.

I also think that when you start to be a positive person, goal oriented, and a little outgoing, people will start to notice it so yeah.

As far as non-African decent guys go, more power to you. Just have to remember that being physically fine doesn't mean they are good in a relationship or that you have a connection. Actually, this goes for any race or gender.

Nigerian Prince and Cyrus-Brooks dapped this.
  5. Infinite_loop

Infinite_loop Is this thing on?
    Bae Material The 1000 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    SGL
    I have struggled (for the better half of my life) about the issue of mixing prayers and my attraction to men. I've beaten myself up so much for this as I thought that being gay was a curse when growing up. For a long time, I though "prayer" and "finding the right guy" were antithetical, since you can't really ask God to help sin more lol.

Well, nothing a few months of therapy and a lending ear from a close friend can't fix, so I am way past that one.

So, I never really prayed about or asked God.

As for the law of attraction, I believe in it very much so. I am naturally an introvert, so I tend to gravitate towards people whom I share similar values and goals. My friendships take a long time to form; I have very few acquaintances and very few close friends.

Long story short, ever since middle school I've always had this one dude that I am really crushing on and very attracted to and you can tell the feeling is mutual. We end up becoming best friends; every time but....it never goes beyond that. I am trying to change it this year, but we'll see.

6. Jaa

Jaa
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    I feel like the law of attraction may work in practical ways. If I'm a health-conscious individual that frequents gyms and Whole Foods, I will likely encounter more health-conscious individuals. I'm kinda nerdy, occasionally mingle with groups with nerdy interests and have a somewhat dark mentality, and many of my better acquaintances have had nerdy pursuits and/or can relate to the darkness. It's like we sense each other or recognize familiar traits.

#6 Jaa, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  7. SB3

SB3 is a Featured MemberSB3

Daps Received:
    I actually pray multiple times a day. If i notice that the time is all in one digit, (5:55) i say a quick prayer. I'm not religious at all, but i pray to who/whatever keeps waking me up everyday and keeps me from bad things. My life, and myself, are far from perfect, and I know they say 'nice guys finish last', but I know that I'm thankful for the fact that I get to keep showing up, knowing that many others have it way worse. That's what I thank 'God' for.

Nigerian Prince dapped this.
  8. Boaxy

Boaxy SO FIERCE
    The 100 Daps Club

Daps Received:
    Orientation:
    Gay
    Dating:
    Single
    No. In my opinion the "Law of Attraction" is bullshit.

But nothing against people that believe in it, or follow it.